right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Carolina Covenant

I found out yesterday that I would be in UNC's Carolina Covenant. I haven't heard much about the program specifics and didn't even know it existed before this school year. Does anyone know what it's like to attend UNC as a Carolina Covenant scholar? Is it a challenge to balance rigorous coursework and a work-study while having a social life? I've worked throughout my senior and junior years of high school and maintained straight A's but I imagine this would be more difficult with UNC's academic level.
1 replies
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Carolina Covenant

• HSstudentNCHSstudentNC 455 replies2 threads Member
    So there is an option to convert your work study offer into a loan to get the money from it. I believe you could find the form to fill it out if you search for it on Google. In addition, you don’t have to accept the work-study offer, you can decline it but you will become responsible for a balance on your account due to the loss of funds. With that being said, if you do intend to apply for and work, you will be working around 10-12 hours each week depending on your job it can vary though. For an incoming first-year, this can be difficult as you adjust to a large university. My advice would be to practice your time management skills and not overload your class schedule. 12-15 credit hours is just fine. No need to take a bunch of rigorous courses in a single semester, especially in your first year when you have plenty of time to complete the courses you need. I’m a rising senior, so I’ve been through the same situation except as a sophomore transfer.
    · Reply · Share