Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.
Visit our COVID-19 resource page.
Get all the info you need to know to complete the FAFSA during our LIVE webinar Thursday, Sept 24, at 7pm ET. Hear from financial aid experts on deadlines, what documents you will need, and how your info will be used to calculate aid. REGISTER NOW and share your questions.
PARENTS4PARENTS: AfroPuffMom is the mother of two boys, a college junior and a high school junior. She has extensive experience reviewing applications for high-achieving, first-generation students. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our September Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
Course rigor: 6 APs, 3 honors, 3 community college classes
SAT: I won't be submitting any score to my test-optional schools like UNC unless I score above a 1500 in august as my current score is low for pretty much any school
- summer science internship program w/ 9% acceptance rate
- summer research intern at a clinical lab where I conducted DNA and enzyme research alongside a mentor
- science fairs, online science competitions both at the global and national level (won a small award for a global contest)
- team leader for a biology research proposal contest
- founded an ocean nonprofit my sophomore year and I have been running it ever since
- co-founder and secretary of mental health club at my hs
- band for 3 years
- speech and debate for 3 years and am currently a captain
- was part of a hepatitis b organization for 2 years