Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.
Visit our COVID-19 resource page.
Hi! I know that Chapel Hill OOS is competitive but I am just wondering what my chances may be! I am applying to UNC with an intended major of Health Policy & Management. The Gillings School is very well renowned so I know that may make it even more competitive. Anyway here are some of my stats and extracurriculars.
- I will have taken a total of 12 APs, with 6 of them being in this coming year. (APUSH, Microecon, Macroecon, Seminar, Psychology, Biology, Government, Calc AB, Stats, Research, Lang, and Computer Science A)
- Officer of Junior & Senior Class Cabinet
- 4 years of Cross Country (Captain Senior Year)
- 3 years in HOSA with an officer position senior year. I am also in charge of organizing service projects for the club.
-Involved in my school's new politics club
- ACT 33 (taking it again in October)
Math: 34, Reading: 35, English: 32, Science: 32
- National Honor Society & AP Scholar with Distinction
- Freshman year I went to a specialized STEM program during part of the school day and was able to do my own research projects.
- Held part time job since sophomore year working 15-20 hours/week
- Volunteered last summer at a local free clinic but was unable to continue this year due to COVID
- I am a volunteer elementary/middle school track coach in the spring (since freshman year) (20 hours/week)
- Freshman mentorship/ student ambassador program (junior/senior year)
- Princinpal’s Advisory & Leadership group (junior/senior year)
- Expect strong rec letters from a science teacher who has taught/coached me multiple years and a second teacher who knows me well.