Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Housing options

2»

Replies to: Housing options

• carolinagirl001carolinagirl001 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    i'm currently looking into different housing options for next year and the aep program/themed housing seemed to catch my eye. what exactly is the aep program? what makes it different from the substance free housing? does it cost money? what kind of people are involved in the program? would it be wise of me to enter a program such as this as a freshman? if anyone has any answers about the aep program i would love to hear them!
  • COtarheelCOtarheel Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
    I'm doing AEP next year and a lot of my friends are in it this year, so I can take a shot at answering your questions. AEP involves attending seminars and discussions on a wide range of issues with other program members, all of whom live in Teague dorm. I'm mostly living there because some of my best friends are, the rooms are huge, and the location is great, and not as much because of the program, which could be nice but I'm not sure yet. AEP ends up attracting a lot of quiet, studious people (largely because of the name, I suppose) so it's not terribly social even with the monthly events. Being somewhat introverted myself, I can relate, and like I said, some of my best friends live there now.

It does not cost money, and there are a lot of freshmen who live there.

I don't know as much about substance free, but there is a post on it above, #11.
2»
This discussion has been closed.