Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

how is the campus/environment?

Replies to: how is the campus/environment?

• eadadeadad Registered User Posts: 2,759 Senior Member
    I guess it would depend on what you consider to be a reasonable commute.

Raleigh is 28 miles from Chapel Hill. I am guessing based on the four years we spent visiting Chapel Hill that the commute can be as variable as it is in most cities based on weather, accidents etc. I've personally seen it take over an hour to get to RDU Airport from Chapel Hill on a Sunday due to construction on I-40 when it is normally about 15-20 minutes.

I live in Dallas and my home is 19 miles from my office. On a good day with no traffic it's about 20-25 minutes; in rush hour it goes up an extra 10-15 and if there is an accident on any of the roads...who knows? I would guess that The Triangle is no different.
  • cafe_kscafe_ks Registered User Posts: 91 Junior Member
    wow it seems attractive. ok! it's my reach! done! :P
    more comments on this school would be helpful :D
    by the way, does anyone know how is the art history program in UNC?
  • NCSmoothNCSmooth Registered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
    that is something i was really interested in, how common is it to travel between the points of the research triangle? if my wife works in raleigh, would it be feasible to live in chapel hill? are there town more central to the triangle?

Traveling between Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill is very common. I'm a Chapel Hill native and traveling between the 3 places within a couple hours is a very common occurrence for me. Commuting from Raleigh to Chapel Hill is very feasible and it's pretty smooth if you take advantage of the side roads instead relying solely on I-40.
This discussion has been closed.