Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Easy science

avantgardenavantgarden Registered User Posts: 212 Junior Member
Hey guys!

First of all, UNC is amazing. Everyone here is wonderful, professors are great (even my one TA is cool), class work is manageable....the facilities are gorgeous. I love working out at Rams Head and grabbing a bite to eat at the bottom of Lenoir before class...everything is fantastic. If you're considering applying here, DO! I can't imagine a better school.

But anywayyy...I need some advice on what to take next semester. I need to fulfill a non-lab credit as part of the general requirements and am looking for something SUPER easy. Science is not something I have a lot of time for! But UNC thinks I should make time, so I'm just trying to find the simplest class possible. Any suggestions?

I've heard good things about Geology 101, Weather & Climate, and some Prehistoric something or other class. I know I sound like a slacker, but the truth is that I'm aiming for a double major and have a pretty heavy workload as far as prerequisites for those areas go. So, easy science, please?
Post edited by avantgarden on

Replies to: Easy science

• calgarcalgar Registered User Posts: 282 Junior Member
    rocks for jocks without a doubt
  • leah377leah377 Registered User Posts: 3,834 Senior Member
    i'm so glad you love it here :)
    everyone does!

yeah; go with geology..i took astronomy in search of my "easy science" and it was harder than i expected because it involved a decent amount of physics, but i've heard from multiple sources that geology is a breeze--i mean, come on, the basketball team takes it ;)
  • NewJerseyMomNewJerseyMom Registered User Posts: 776 Member
    My son is taking Geology - but one with a lab. I think it is Geology 105. He thinks it's OK. He is only taking it to fulfill the requirement and prefers his other classes. I believe he plans to take Psychology for a non-lab science. I love that "Rocks for Jocks" phrase!
  • leah377leah377 Registered User Posts: 3,834 Senior Member
    oh! if you don't need to take the lab, psychology 101 fulfills the "science-without-lab" requirement!
  • ready2boutofhsready2boutofhs Registered User Posts: 166 Junior Member
    I second the don't take astronomy comment, many of the non-science people (myself included) found out it wasn't as easy as everyone said...
  • avantgardenavantgarden Registered User Posts: 212 Junior Member
    Thanks everybody for the suggestions! I think it's Geology 101 for me then.
  • AtlmomAtlmom Registered User Posts: 806 Member
    what else does the athletic dept push?
This discussion has been closed.