Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

ESSAYS for UNC Chapel Hill

starcrane721starcrane721 Registered User Posts: 201 Junior Member
ok for anyone who has already finished the essays....which ones did u pick from the list of questions?
also, the question on picking one of ur teachers.......what is the meaning of the question? like what would the see in ur essay??
Post edited by starcrane721 on

Replies to: ESSAYS for UNC Chapel Hill

• eivis425eivis425 Registered User Posts: 189 Junior Member
    talent (#1)-long
    curiosity(#5)-short
    and did the optional
    as far as the question on your worst/best/hardest teacher, just tell a story or something. what made him/her such a bad teacher. why is it so important for teachers to communicate the info the students. if he/she is good why. at least that's what i thought.
  • beignetbeignet Registered User Posts: 120 Junior Member
    long- my common app topic of your choice essay hehe
    curiosity as my short
    optional- wrote about my research (only did that because i already had one prepared)
    and i agree with eivis, its a story and followed by the impact on you academically and as a person
  • 252525252525 Registered User Posts: 263 Junior Member
    Long - common app topic of your choice b/c it was really strong; short - talent
  • Carolinaheel09Carolinaheel09 Registered User Posts: 77 Junior Member
    topic of my choice for the long
    what you want to be remembered for for the short.
    i did the optional statement also
  • rfwcphs1rfwcphs1 Registered User Posts: 236 Junior Member
    long- common app, person who influenced me
    short- talent, or lack thereof
  • WarriorTi22WarriorTi22 Registered User Posts: 64 Junior Member
    long- curiosity
    short- what you would do as principal
  • rfwcphs1rfwcphs1 Registered User Posts: 236 Junior Member
    haha what did you decide to do as principal? I had too many things I wanted to change and couldn't narrow down to one.
  • drc09drc09 Registered User Posts: 162 Junior Member
    Long-Topic of choice, about my parents doing top secret stuff for the gov and how it affected my interests etc growing up.

Short-teacher, how my toughest was my best, and I knew I really earned it when I got this one grade on an essay [that the teacher mentioned in his rec, so hopefully that helps haha]

Optional--about a comm. service project I headed, benefitting a school in Ghana
This discussion has been closed.