Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Rd oos (new englander here!!)

DanityKANEDanityKANE Registered User Posts: 176 Junior Member
White male
Top Private School (Average Sat Score= 1930) NO RANKING
GPA: 3.6UW (only 10/200 have above a 3.8)
AP's: Macro, Micro, English Lang, Calc AB, Stats, Enviro and Chemistry (Most Demanding checked)

Scores:
SAT 2: Japanese 770 and Math 2 800
ACT: 33

EC:
Journalism Society: (President) We have a bulletin where we pick from dozens of articles every week that relate to current events and post them hoping to make fellow students aware of the world
Young Republicans (President): We ran mock elections in school and have weekly discussions
School Newspaper (Editor)
MUN President: Self explanatory
Cook for the homeless every week
Varsity Tennis: #5singles
Varsity Squash: #3singles
Xylophone player in the band: self explanatory
Animal Rights Club member: work every sunday at the shelter
I've written for newspapers in 3 countries in 3 languages (Japanese, Dutch and English)

Major: Math and Communications
Post edited by DanityKANE on

Replies to: Rd oos (new englander here!!)

• BruinsJEWBruinsJEW Registered User Posts: 1,058 Senior Member
    To be honest, out of state admissions is very hard to predict for UNC-CH. If I had to predict, I'd say you'd probably be wait listed and then possibly let off the wait list. The UW GPA is what is hurting your chances and your SAT score too (1930? I was confused by what you said, AVERAGE SAT). Though, your ACT score is very good!

Good luck man!
  • DanityKANEDanityKANE Registered User Posts: 176 Junior Member
    haha i meant that my schools average sat score is 1930....it was to describe how competitive it is.
  • phonyreal98phonyreal98 Registered User Posts: 1,984 Senior Member
    Yeah OP's ACT is 33, which is ~2200 on the SAT. I'd say you stand a good chance, but UNC OOS admissions is very unpredictable.
  • ThaRussianThaRussian Registered User Posts: 178 Junior Member
    I was accepted to UNC OOS (i live in northern VA), and here are my stats: 4.2 WGPA, 8th in class, 2090 SAT, 29 ACT, first-generation college student in this country, bilingual, 8 APs, SAT2s-math2(720), us history & world History (750), 8 Varsity letters (basketball, track, football), several other extracurricular clubs
This discussion has been closed.