Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What do i need for UNC ?

simzqb7simzqb7 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
Hello All, I have some questions about going to college at UNC Chapel Hill. I am only a freshman in high school, but have wanted to go to UNC since i was young and need all the advice i can get to go there. I go to high school in New Jersey and my high school is rated in the top 50 in the state. My gpa is 3.9 and i take only one honors class. I play baseball and football, but am not likely to get a scholarship for these sports. I am going to take more honors and AP classes next year. I was just wondering if it would be possible for me to get into this college, and if so what would i have to do as far as volunteer hours and classes. Also, i would like to know what my required SAT score and ACT score would be.
Thanks
Post edited by simzqb7 on

Replies to: What do i need for UNC ?

• morneaumorneau Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    My advice would be to work really hard - take the most rigorous classes that you can, even if you won't always get the "A". You should find a passion in one or two important activities and really devote your time to them - hopefully you can attain a leadership position in a school organization that is meaningful to you. Community service is important too. For out of state, you want to aim for SAT's in the 2200+ range, or an ACT 33+. Take both tests and see which one is a better fit for you. Most importantly, UNC's admission process is "holistic" - the admissions committee seems to really take the time to thoroughly read the applications. Many students dream of UNC for years - hard work and finding your passion should get you there. Good luck!
  • simzqb7simzqb7 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you. That helps a lot
This discussion has been closed.