Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Best place to buy/sell textbooks?

gkgkgozldahtgkgkgozldaht Registered User Posts: 71 Junior Member
I know student stores is doing buybacks, as well as tarheel bookstore and ram bookshop...next semester's books are gonna be pretty expensive so i wanna buy them as cheap as possible and student stores does not seem to have a lot of used books, and ram bookstore's buyback deal seems to be pretty good (10 extra cashback for 50 dollars of buyback and so on).... what has been your experience with these bookstores?

and also, has anyone tried textbook rental?
Post edited by gkgkgozldaht on

Replies to: Best place to buy/sell textbooks?

• satonesatone Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
    what books are you looking for, I may have some.
  • knatknat Registered User Posts: 264 Junior Member
    Check Amazon.com and half.com; they both have a wide selection of used books. Shipping is usually a couple dollars extra, but when the book itself costs $80-120, those extra $5 can be forgiven. With any bit of luck, you can usually find used books cheaper than the used prices at university bookstores.

Likewise, make sure you check to see how much you could sell your old textbooks for online before you settle with the university bookstores' buyback options.
This discussion has been closed.