Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Tar Heel Shadow

Replies to: Tar Heel Shadow

• tarheel151tarheel151 Registered User Posts: 332 Junior Member
    me too! :)
  • DumbSmartKidDumbSmartKid Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    Im going on the 28th as well. Im kind of nervous, I dont want to not like what I experience because UNC is my first choice. But I will make the best of my experience.
  • TarheelBound2010TarheelBound2010 Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    ^^^^ i dont think you have to worry about not liking it!!!!! UNC's Great and the Shadow Program only made UNC Better in my opinion!!!
  • cloyingcloying Registered User Posts: 884 Member
    Again, if you're invited to the Shadow program, don't worry about your acceptance!

I've hosted and it's a great time.
  • koreangurl9592koreangurl9592 Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
    AH! I had such an awesome time today.
    I didn't get to shadow someone who was a major that I was interested in,
    but NO WORRIES!
    All of the student ambassadors were really cool and they all seemed like they
    loved the classes they were taking.

Personally, my amabassador was perfect, because she talked a lot (which was good because she gave lots of insider information... like did you know that UNC has a building that was originally designed for the University of Northern Colorado?) and she was really involved in the school.

:D It was a lot of fun, but we did a lot of walking, so be prepared to walk.
    I also had someone outside of the major of my interest, and that was no problem at all. I had a great time, and it reaffirmed to me that UNC is probably the school for me.
  • FastFurious2009FastFurious2009 Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    I had a great time at Tarheel Shadow!!! people were great, the food was awesome, and the experience was unforgettable! Have fun, the rest of those who are going next week! It was cold though, and we did do a lot of walking, so bundle up!
    I had a blast today!!!! It was so much more than what I expected! My ambassador was so informative she answered all my questions. It was extremely cold however, but I tolerated it for UNC! Sunday awaits!
    I like how only two of us admitted we use this site. It made me die laughing internally. lol :D
    I didn't want to admit up to it. Lol. I have no idea why!?
    I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the program. I can finally see myself 100% as a student there now.
  • morneaumorneau Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    Me too - it was really special. I can't wait for the decisions to officially come out - my ambassador was great and took me to all the things I was interested in. Just a great experience and a great day all around. I'm thrilled to have been invited :)
  • footballfunfootballfun Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    How many students attended these events for those who were there? Thanks.
  • morneaumorneau Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    Not many today - maybe 20 or so....
  • footballfunfootballfun Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Thank you for the information, Morneau. Please accept my genuine congratulations to you.
This discussion has been closed.