Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance me for EA

anish10anish10 Registered User Posts: 58 Junior Member
I live in Mississippi. I am a senior.
Here are my credentials:

ACT: 33
SAT Math Level 2: 680 (but I made a 34 on math on the ACT)
GPA: 4.0 (my school does not weigh it)
Class Rank: 1 out of 55

I have taken or will take every honors and AP class at my school except for AP Biology. The AP classes include AP US History, AP Chemistry, AP Physics (senior year), and AP Calculus (senior year). I will also take dual-enrollment Comp 1 and Comp 2 my senior year. I've gotten numerous subject awards which are given to the students with the highest average in the class. These awards include AP US History, AP Chemistry, Honors Physics, Honors Advanced Math (Pre-Cal), etc. I also received the Daughters of the American Revolution Citizenship Award and Woodman of the World Life Insurance Society Award. I won my local Chamber of Commerce Award, and I have had perfect attendance during tenth and eleventh grade. I have received Who's Who among All-American Scholars. I won my district's soccer referee of the year award. I have also placed in district and state in Academic Betterment Competition tests in numerous subjects. I won the Wendy's Heisman for my school, and I was chosen as student of the month by my local rotary club.

Extracurricular Activities:
Student Council President
Mu Alpha Theta
Editor for school newspaper
Math and Science Club
Green and Gold Ambassadors Club (Volunteer Club)
President of National Honors Society
Quiz Bowl Team (1st Place in District II in Mathematics and Science Tournament and 2nd Place in District II East/West)
Foreign Language Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes
President of Junior Engineering Technical Society
Four year varsity letter winner and captain of Basketball team
Three year varsity letter winner of Soccer team

Work Experience/Volunteer:
Community Kitchen (6 years), Church youth group (6 years), local museum (2 years), soccer referee (4 years), lawn work (5 years), tutoring (4 years), and electronic support (6 years). Basically, I did lawn work and electronic support by myself.

Computer Skills:
Operating Systems - Windows, Linux
Software - MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Mozilla Firefox, Adobe Dreamweaver
Languages - HTML, XHTML, XML

Fluent in English, Spanish, and Hindi
Post edited by anish10 on

Replies to: Chance me for EA

• pierrelourenspierrelourens Registered User Posts: 131 Junior Member
    Sounds like you have a good chance. As all UNC out of state applicants know, however, UNC has to limit the student body to 18% out-of-state. Therefore, they have a LOT of applicants to choose from for relatively few spots.

That being said, you are more competitive than most.
  • anish10anish10 Registered User Posts: 58 Junior Member
    Bump 10 char
This discussion has been closed.