Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Clarification

JAJdudeJAJdude Registered User Posts: 226 Junior Member
If we dropped a class for second semester of our senior year(in HS), is it necessary to notify UNC of that change?

Thanks.
Post edited by JAJdude on

Replies to: Clarification

• smbsmomsmbsmom Registered User Posts: 132 Junior Member
    Yes. It specifically says so on their web site or on the application itself.
  • raggydiloraggydilo Registered User Posts: 97 Junior Member
    Do you think they will take back my acceptance if I drop a class after I get notified (assuming that I get in)?
  • heathergeeheathergee Registered User Posts: 473 Member
    Probably not.
  • smbsmomsmbsmom Registered User Posts: 132 Junior Member
    You get why they do this though, right? Since EA decisions are based on actual grades through the 11th grade and on the rigor of the senior year course selection, an applicant could list a bunch of rigorous courses in an attempt to impress, knowing all along that come second semester he/she has zero intention of taking the course(s). I would do what they ask, tell them of the drop, and explain reasoning behind it. I can't advise you on when to let them know and can't recall if the discussion of this on their web site or in their application materials specifies anything about timing. Good luck!
  • JAJdudeJAJdude Registered User Posts: 226 Junior Member
    Thanks, it was just an ROTC elective that over this semester I decided wasn't right for me. I want to use that time to focus on getting a job/working on the senior project.
  • Secret Asian ManSecret Asian Man Registered User Posts: 2,497 Senior Member
    That would be an appropriate reason, I think. As long as you're not in the situation smbsmom articulated.
  • StephenFarmerStephenFarmer College Rep Posts: 11 New Member
    JAJdude, thanks for the original question, and thanks to all for the replies.

We posted an entry on this subject last year titled Why We Care About Schedule Changes--And Why You Should, Too. Please take a look if you've changed your schedule or are thinking about a change.

Thanks also, as always, for your interest in Carolina.
  • JAJdudeJAJdude Registered User Posts: 226 Junior Member
    Thank you for that blog Stephen. It was very helpful.
This discussion has been closed.