Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Desperate CHANCES!!

zda1nonly4shozzda1nonly4shoz Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
Hello i am a current student at Unc Charlotte! i am freshmen this year and i just completed my first semester in College!! My DREAM SCHOOL is UNC CHAPEL HILL and i would really like to transfer there!

I was such a slacker in freshmen, sophmore, and junior year... but i shaped up at Senior Year but it was still not good enough because i got rejected o.O

But i was thinking about Transfering Out to Chapel Hill as a Sophomore of Fall 2010!

My High School Grades were Terrible
2.7 UnWeighted
3.3 Weighted
Rank 120/370
You can see a big improvement from all my years up to senior year because i took 4 AP Classes and did fairly well. I did not pass any of my AP's though :(

My SAT score Sucked too!
I took it 5 times :(
and my Final try i got
510- English
520- Writing
640- Math
8 on Essay

I know it sucks..

But this year in College i made a break through and worked hard
I got 4 A's and 2 B's getting me a 3.65GPA for the Semester. I took a summer class in Summer of 2009 before entering college and i got a B in Econ

So i guess my OVERALL GPA adding everything up would be 3.526

I was j ust wondering if that would be GOOD ENOUGH to transfer into Chapel Hill with a 3.526 GPA :(
Post edited by zda1nonly4shoz on

Replies to: Desperate CHANCES!!

• gellertiangellertian Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    Your GPA is still low, especially for a sophomore transfer. They also look A LOT at high school records and SATs for sophomore transfers. What are your ECs?

You might be better off really working hard next year to bring the GPA up a bit and get some good ECs, and then applying as as junior transfer. They don't focus nearly as much on your HS career if you're coming in as a junior.

ETA: Whoops, this is an old post now. Guess I should check the dates before replying! :P
This discussion has been closed.