Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance me for ND

npswimmer44npswimmer44 Registered User Posts: 186 Junior Member

ACT -
Composite : 34
English: 34
Math: 33
Reading: 33
Science: 34
Writing: my last ACT doesn't have the writing scored yet, however, I previously scored a 9

Extracurriculars:

Swimming - I have swam competitively for 10 years, and in my high school career have gotten 11 Reserve Conference Championships, have been elected team captain twice, and have two school records. I am not planning on being an athletic recruit, I want to focus on academics in college.

Equestrian - I have been showing horses for 6 years, and have gotten multiple state high point awards, and this year attended the World Championships where I got a reserve world championship, and 3rd place all-around at the show. In the association, I have also been a National Director for my state.

Research - I have completed graduate-level research in Chemical Engineering at Notre Dame - I worked about 3 hours a day, 3 days a week, for about a half a year in the lab.

I am a member of National Honors Society and HOSA as well.

Volunteering / Working:

Swim Coach - I am a volunteer coach for the middle school swim team, and have spent about 400+ hours over the past 3 years attending practices, helping the head coaches, entering swimmers in the meet system, and assisting at practices.

Lifeguarding - I have amassed about 100 hours of volunteer lifeguarding at school and city-sponsored events. I also have a summer job of lifeguarding at public pools in the city, and work 6 hours a day, 6 days a week.

Academics:

GPA - 3.905 unweighted, school doesn't weigh GPA
Rank - 15 / 255
AP's - 1x5, 2x4, 2x3 - passed AP Chem exam without taking the class - is this a thing?
College credit from 6 dual credited classes.

Sex: Male
School: Rural mid-sized
State: Indiana
Ethnicity: White

I also have a legacy, and several relatives work here (if that matters)

If you guys have made it to the end of this, thanks for reading! I know that I'm kinda just another grain of sand on the beach, but if there are any opinions out there, I would like to hear them!

Thanks! :)

Replies to: Chance me for ND

This discussion has been closed.