right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

University of Notre Dame Gateway Program Class of 2023

footballplayer67footballplayer67 5 replies1 postsRegistered User New Member
edited December 2018 in University of Notre Dame
Hi guys! I am very grateful to have gotten accepted into the Notre Dame Gateway program, but I was wondering if anyone could provide some insight on this program for me?
edited December 2018
156 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: University of Notre Dame Gateway Program Class of 2023

• goodjobgoodjob 73 replies1 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    Did you apply for the Gateway program or did they just accept you?
    · Reply · Share
  • footballplayer67footballplayer67 5 replies1 postsRegistered User New Member
    I applied to Notre Dame early action and I was notified that I was accepted into the Gateway program tonight.
    · Reply · Share
    Do you mind telling us your stats? I am trying to figure out how you get into that program and not denied.
    · Reply · Share
    1400 SAT; SAT II: Lit 710, US Hist 630, World 660; APs US 3, Lang 5, World 3, Bio 3; Student Gov Pres, Editor of Yearbook, Soloist for Vocals, Yearbook Editor in Chief
    · Reply · Share
    Thanks so much. Looks like a great program. Congrats.
    · Reply · Share
  • lastof10lastof10 13 replies0 postsRegistered User New Member
    FB67...Our D was just accepted in the Gateway Program and we are going to the info session on 1/25. She is very happy and looking forward to seeing HC and learning more about Gateway from current students and staff. I think the best insight will come from meeting people that have gone through it. Hope you can make it to an info session!
    · Reply · Share
  • HM0527HM0527 229 replies2 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    @footballplayer67 D was offered a spot at the Gateway and she just accepted. Thisnopportunity is a blessing!!!!! She shadowed a ND freshman and met two Gateway students while she was was there. One a sophomore and one freshman. They LOVED the program and had no regrets. We are going to the info session on 2/25.
    · Reply · Share
    @lastof10 Thank you so much for your input, I am definitely planning to go to one of the visit days. I think that this will help me to make my decision.
    · Reply · Share
    @HM0527 That sounds great! I am hoping to make that visit as well.
    · Reply · Share
  • GooderGooder 8 replies0 postsRegistered User New Member
    If you changed your mind and wanted to switch majors, does anyone know how hard it is to transfer from one school to Mendoza once you are there?
    · Reply · Share
  • MagnetronMagnetron 2640 replies5 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Transfer into Mendoza is competitive but not too difficult, and depends a bit on the desired concentration. Finance is limited even within Mendoza.

FWIW, business consultants get only about half of their hires from B schools. Many come from Arts and Letters majors like Economics.
    · Reply · Share
  • GooderGooder 8 replies0 postsRegistered User New Member
    Thanks for the information. To be honest I am not sure what I want to major at this point. I was just concerned if I go to Notre Dame and took a class in business that I liked, and decided to become a business major it would be impossible to concentrate in something I really wanted to do.
    · Reply · Share
  • happy1happy1 22662 replies2224 postsVerified Member Senior Member
    edited January 18
    Anybody have experience with financial aid at Holy Cross for Gateway students? Daughter is excited and we don’t want money to be an issue.
    edited January 18
    · Reply · Share
  • hpcsahpcsa 444 replies15 postsRegistered User Member
    edited January 19
    @lastof10 During the Gateway year financial aid will be administered by the Financial Aid Office of Holy Cross College. In order to receive reliable information on your student's financial aid package, he/she will need to follow HC FA process instructions - outcomes will depend on each family's financial circumstances and therefore noticeably differ from each other. In any event, HC tuition and fees are significantly below Notre Dame's for the first year of studies.

https://admissions.nd.edu/gateway-program/program-costs/

With the transfer of your student from HC to ND following the Gateway year, Financial Aid will transfer from Holy Cross to Notre Dame. Both HC and ND require FAFSA information, the Notre Dame Office of Financial Aid will require in addition CSS Profile information. Please make sure for your student to attend one of the Gateway visit days, which do have a specific section on Financial Aid for Gateway students.
    edited January 19
    · Reply · Share
    Thanks hpcsa! We submitted the FAFSA to HC. Any idea how long it takes HC to process and send the answer? The website just says...a financial aid package will be mailed after it is processed. Thanks!
    · Reply · Share
    How do you get accepted into the Gateway Program? Do you apply for it?
    · Reply · Share
  • happy1happy1 22662 replies2224 postsVerified Member Senior Member
    @goodjob You cannot apply for the Gateway Program. You apply to Notre Dame and get selected for the Gateway Program. https://admissions.nd.edu/gateway-program/
    · Reply · Share
    I am confused who gets chosen. What if you are deferred? Can you let them know you will do the Gateway program?
    · Reply · Share
  • HM0527HM0527 229 replies2 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    Good morning @goodjob ND chooses only a select few of students who apply REA and Reg decision. If you get deferred from REA you also have a chance to be offered a spot. As far as letting them know, I mean I guess you could let your AO know that you are aware of the program and would love to be a part of it if given the opportunity. Our D was offered a spot this year. @hpcsa is SO incredibly knowledgeable about ND so if he chimes in you can guarantee he’ll be spot on. Good luck to you in the regular round decision process!!!!
    · Reply · Share