Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Incoming Class of 2013...

Zeldawisdom55Zeldawisdom55 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
edited June 2009 in University of Notre Dame
Hi! I'm going to be a freshman at Notre Dame this fall and I thought it would be a good idea to have people introduce themselves. For me, it seems like a good idea, because I will be 2,000 miles away from home and will not know anybody. Seems like an easy way to get to know some people.
so....
My name is Alyssa.
I live in Arizona
I am a former IB student (IB done...haha)
I'm spending a month at Notre Dame this summer for the Balfour-Hesburg Scholars Program
and im a biology major with an intention of becoming a geneticist

:)
Post edited by Zeldawisdom55 on

Replies to: Incoming Class of 2013...

• leparfaitleparfait Registered User Posts: 86 Junior Member
    Good idea! Hi Alyssa, nice to meet you =] I have never really heard of IB, except seeing it in the FYS packet with the AP stuff!

My name is Elizabeth. I am from Ohio. I plan on doing pre-med, but haven't decided if I want to do SCPP or a different science major.
  • Zeldawisdom55Zeldawisdom55 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    lol consider yourself lucky :) Jk IB is an international diploma program. It's sorta like AP, except we have all our classes weighted and we can only take certain ones. Plus we have more exams (but yours are harder)

I've never been to Ohio!
    Interesting!! I don't think that was offered at my school. I am guessing it's like AP though, in that you can test out of stuff in college?
    That's neat you're spending a month at ND. What's the program for?
    Haha - I've never been to Arizona :)
    its hot here. Like really hot.
    You can only test out of classes if you get a good score in a "higher level" class (at ND anyway) Higher level means its two years long instead of one, so the tests are a little harder.
    It's a program for minority students. They take 30 incoming minorities and fly us out so we can take classes and stuff for a month.
    Have you ever been on campus?
    oh, okay! I see. Oh gosh, I can't even imagine how hot it is there. That's the first thing I think of when I think of Arizona, lol - & it's where my mom says she would like to live when she complains about the cold! :P
    Oh, that's pretty neat! Sounds like a good experience. I visited campus at the end of April. It was so pretty. : )
    I like it. Our winters aren't bad though. It's more like late spring weather
    That's nice! I'm guessing you don't get snow ? lol
    none :) I actually saw snow for the first time last December
    Wow! Well, soon you will get to see it every winter. :)
  • hawkswim09hawkswim09 Registered User Posts: 1,222 Senior Member
    Hi, I'm Andrew. I am from Rhode Island so winters at ND will be normal. I am planning on majoring in architecture but want to take some engineering classes.
  • matis609matis609 Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
    I'm Matt from Florida. I am unsure but am thinking about majoring in business/accounting. The weather will be a tough adjustment :(
This discussion has been closed.