Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Chances and help/advice

2»

Replies to: Chances and help/advice

• Irish45221Irish45221 Registered User Posts: 273 Junior Member
    Anything you can stick on your app is of course a plus, but I don't believe what you just added will make major waves at the end of the day. You still got a good chance though.
  • ufcollinsufcollins Registered User Posts: 172 Junior Member
    I felt my position of VP would be a good testament to my leadership.
    Well sure it is, but leadership alone won't get you into ND. Put it this way, a superior ACT or SAT score looks pretty good at the end of the day (at least in your case) compared to a position on the student council. You already know what you have to do. You have to try and up your test scores.
  • ufcollinsufcollins Registered User Posts: 172 Junior Member
    I know that. Thats why I'm studying like crazy for the SAT. I need that to be high so I have a chance. As for the student council, I am not trying to use it to compensate for my low test scores, but trying to show my involvement and leadership.
    Okay....good for you.
  • TalkingInCodeTalkingInCode Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    Basically the summer before my senior year I sat down and took every official practice test I could get my hands on. They're the only thing that can give you a real feel for what you will be facing. It paid off for me. Although test scores are important, they're definitely secondary to what you write in your personal statement. It's usually the make or break factor. Make sure that your essay could only be about you and that nobody else would be able to write it. If none of the provided prompts allow for you to write an essay like that, then make up your own prompt. I did and it worked for me.
2»
This discussion has been closed.