Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Scholarship Notification

Guille19Guille19 Registered User Posts: 367 Member
edited March 2013 in University of Oregon
Hello

I'm an international student who applied to the University of Oregon on January. I just received an email yesterday saying I got accepted for the Fall 2013 term.

However, for me to be fully accepted I need to send financial documents that show that I can pay the yearly price of UO. Right now, I can't pay for that, and thus I can't show it.

This is why I applied to ALL of the scholarships available to International students: ICSP Scholarship, Endowed Scholarships, and the Work-Study program. However, I haven't received any notification from UO saying I received any of that.
When will I know how much money UO has to offer to me? I spoke to an international admission counselor on January and he told me that UO will deduct from the cost of attendance the money I receive from scholarships, but yesterday's email just said I need to pay for the actual cost of attendance.

So does anyone knows when will I receive notification of my award(s)?

Thanks!
Post edited by Guille19 on

Replies to: Scholarship Notification

• UOregonUOregon College Rep Posts: 91 Junior Member
    Hi, Guille19!

Thanks for your question and congratulations on being accepted to the UO. Students who are awarded scholarships will be notified in April. If you are awarded a scholarship, you can combine the award with other financial documents to reach the required amount.

Good luck and please let me know if you have any questions!
This discussion has been closed.