Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Does Penn accept the arts supplement

cornetking222cornetking222 Registered User Posts: 1,002 Senior Member
edited October 2011 in University of Pennsylvania
I emailed the office and they're closed until January 2. Can I email a CD of my instrumental playing to their office of undergraduate admissions? Do they accept such additional materials?
Post edited by cornetking222 on

Replies to: Does Penn accept the arts supplement

  • GoldOwlGoldOwl Registered User Posts: 759 Member
    I believe they do accept supplements as long as you attach the common app art supplement sheet to it.
  • hopelandhopeland Registered User Posts: 65 Junior Member
    Hi. I had a similar question a few months ago (I wanted to submit a video of a dance performance of mine) when I applied ED. I clearly remember the FAQ under the prospective student of the Penn alum site (advice meant for legacies) saying that CDs are NOT accepted. I'll try and find that website again for you. You can, however, upload your recording to YouTube and copy and paste the link into the Additional Information section of the Common App...at least that's what I did with my dance video and was accepted to Penn ED. Btw if you don't want people other than the admissions committee to see your video, there is setting on YouTube to only allow users who have the url of your video to see it.
  • haeunchanghaeunchang Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    I wrote them a while back asking teh same question. This is what they wrote back (I'm copying the email):

    Please send any supplemental materials (CD, DVD, letters, etc.) to the address below. We ask that you make sure you name and the last four (4) digits of your social security number, and/or date of birth, and your high school is clearly marked with the supplement. Music pieces should be under 10 minutes. If you wish to send a CD, it would be prudent to identify tracks for us to listen to. Art pieces can be on a CD, or DVD, slide, or print. Supplemental materials do not have requirements. Hopefully this answers your questions.


    Office of Undergraduate Admissions

    The University of Pennsylvania

    1 College Hall, Room 1

    Philadelphia, PA 19104

    P: 215.898.7507

    F: 215.898.9670
  • porkpersonporkperson Registered User Posts: 2,071 Senior Member
    Good, because I'm using a CD to send pictures
This discussion has been closed.