Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How AMAZING is PENN?

2»

Replies to: How AMAZING is PENN?

• beechling87beechling87 Registered User Posts: 124 Junior Member
    penn as a state school- someone this summer asked me where i wanted to go and when i mentioned penn, he nodded and said, "oh, that's a good choice, since it's a state school, you can save a lot of money!"
  • DuskstamperDuskstamper Registered User Posts: 538 Member
    Only 8 ivies. MIT, CIT, Stanford are schools on par with the ivy leagues.
  • chocomanchocoman Registered User Posts: 2,293 Senior Member
    guys, im gonna admit something to you...

from January 2004 to June 2004 Columbia was my number 1 choice.

Yes, I know, I know.... I was even gonna apply ED.

But then in July I visited Penn.

and by August I was convinced that I was applying to Penn ED!
  • CC AdminCC Admin Administrator Posts: 32,406 Senior Member
    from November 2003 to April 2004 I was besotted with Yale, actually. even though I didn't think I'd get in, I was in love.

Then, on that beautiful Good Friday, my mom and I drove down to Penn.

Haven't looked back since lol.
    over the summer, i started to like yale for a couple weeks before ii went back to penn
    end of sophomore year, i was taking my ap us and i sent my score to stanford
  • SuperAzn264SuperAzn264 Registered User Posts: 180 Junior Member
    I was convinced to apply ED by one my friend during 2nd week of October , haha , it's pretty darn late when I decided .
  • muppetcoatmuppetcoat Registered User Posts: 341 Member
    When I was like 16 I wanted to go to Brown... but then I realized I don't smoke pot.

Also, Brown students are jerks.

So I applied ED to Penn... after having told my parents that I wouldn't go there if hell had frozen over...
  • IlovepokerIlovepoker Registered User Posts: 192 Junior Member
    Maybe Penn should change its name to something random and sophisticated sounding like "Luxor" (I know it's a hotel in Vegas) or "Bishop" so people stop not giving Penn credit for its Ivy status. While on the subject, do you think Penn will ever inch up in prestige to Harvard, Yale, and Princeton or is it just too big a school (has to accept too many people)?
  • TheStonedPandasTheStonedPandas Registered User Posts: 842 Member
    I totally agree adam. I've always thought they should change their name to Franklin or something like that.
  • CC AdminCC Admin Administrator Posts: 32,406 Senior Member
    Agreed, absolutely. Also about Brown being weird potsmokers.

I don't think Penn will ever really reach HPY's snooty hi-falutin status. And to tell you the truth, I rather like it better that way...Penn students apply for the school more than the name. :)
    totatlly true renny, i live close to harvard, brown, and yale- when i talk with harvard kids and why they chose to go to there, they all say "urgh, harvard's square's awesome, and it's harvard, so why not?" one girl even told me she liked harvard b/c of the grass.
    brown's liberal, but i don't know about all potheads. my high school's actually about as liberal as brown, so maybe i'm just used to it.
  • purpletransiencepurpletransience Registered User Posts: 145 Junior Member
    which high school is that? i might know someone who goes there.
    ls, you go to brookline high?
  • purpletransiencepurpletransience Registered User Posts: 145 Junior Member
    who/what is ls? i go to bu academy, but i know people from brookline high and a bunch of other high schools nearby.
2»
This discussion has been closed.