Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

beechling87beechling87 Registered User Posts: 124 Junior Member
edited December 2004 in University of Pennsylvania
So, how utterly awesome is Penn? Seriously, how much cooler is it compared to every other school?
Post edited by beechling87 on

Replies to: How AMAZING is PENN?

• chocomanchocoman Registered User Posts: 2,293 Senior Member
    not much. i hate penn. stupid elitists.
    just kidding. I LOVE PENN. and I LOVE YOU.

It's awesome because the students know how to have fun. Plus its in the middle of city. hoorah.
  • DuskstamperDuskstamper Registered User Posts: 538 Member
    Penn is awful. Don't apply there.
  • booboocatbooboocat Registered User Posts: 492 Member
    huh? what's Penn?
    "is that a state school?"
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Registered User Posts: 1,233 Senior Member
    So I guess we got sick n' tired of bashing the other ivies and decided to bash our own just so we can have more posts...gosh we are getting way greedy.
  • AnuVXAnuVX Registered User Posts: 362 Member
    boob cat: DUDE did u get that from my one post?

lol my interviewer was telling me all the dif ivy bashing slogans and he was like those damn yale kids are always like "penn? i sthat a state school?"

lololoz. ANYWHO.
  • NeoStrifeNeoStrife Registered User Posts: 84 Junior Member
    Around here (west coast) we get "Penn? Penn State? That's a good football school" =P

They should have named it Frankord so we could Be n Frankmen
  • booboocatbooboocat Registered User Posts: 492 Member
    yes. anuvx. i did.
    hahahah yea. i asked my college english prof. to edit my essays.
    he asked "UPenn? my friend went there. wait that was Penn State."
  • drod0521drod0521 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    since its 2.54 and im still working on a 6 page paper, i though id take a lil break and reply to this discussion board. first and foremost, its pronounced Penn. not UPenn. not Penn State. Its Penn damnit. And secound, Penn is awesome. i would know, im a Jr. at wharton and im at huntsman typing this reply because i need something to distract me.

• one02manyone02many Registered User Posts: 193 Junior Member
    oooo 10 days 4hours 23 minutes and 50 seconds...
  • dtowndtown Registered User Posts: 404 Member
    A friend of mine who lives in Ohio was telling me she refused to apply to an Ivy (I had been telling her she should apply to Yale, because she had a better chance of getting in than I). She went on a whole rant about this, then began to tell me how she could go to school in Pennsylvania, how she'd gotten mail from a school called 'Penn.' I let her ramble on about how much she'd fallen in love with Penn for about three minutes before I told her it was, in fact, Ivy League. There was silence on the other end. I'm pretty sure she didn't believe me. ;)

That said, I'm not applying to Penn, but I know quite a number of people around here who are, since it's reasonably close. One of my very close friends applied early; hopefully she'll get to be in classes with all of you next year. :)
    dtown, good story!!

I hear that a lot of people think NYU is Ivy League.....
  • CC AdminCC Admin Administrator Posts: 32,363 Senior Member
    NO WAY! that's unacceptable. NYU is nowhere NEAR Penn's status.

I loved Penn. Actually the first school i fell in love with was Yale...but then I visited Cornell, and finally Penn. Penn was my fave because of the programs, the people, the atmosphere and campus. It's 100% perfect. (except it'll be less perfect when i get rejected.) It's a city school and yet it has its own enclosed campus. NYU, not so much. PENN > NYU!
  • CC AdminCC Admin Administrator Posts: 32,363 Senior Member
    oh yeah, and when I was 12 I was in latin dance class and was like "Hmm there are 8 Ivy Leagues? What are they...Princeton Harvard Yale Dartmouth Brown Cornell Columbia."
    Becky: "And UPenn. My brother goes there."
    Me: "pfft! what! That's not an ivy league! that sounds like some state school."
    Becky: "I'm serious! It's an Ivy!"
    Me: "Nope...guess there are only 7."

how ironic. Anyway I love Penn not for its name but pretty much everything else.
  • beechling87beechling87 Registered User Posts: 124 Junior Member
    is mit an ivy? i thought there was 9 ivies
This discussion has been closed.