Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Penn Transfer Help!

noodlernoodler Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited October 2011 in University of Pennsylvania
Hi, I am a current freshman at Northwestern University.

As a HS senior, I applied to UPenn and was denied admission. It was my top choice and even after being at NU and trying it out, it became clear that it is definitely not the school for me. Penn's architectural program is still a large interest to me (I'm a pre-med), and being in Chicago is too cold/too far (from NJ). Those reasons, along with research opportunities in fields I am very interested in, are only available at Penn. However, I was reading the Penn transfer page and it read "Students who have been denied admission to Penn are strongly advised not to reapply after only one semester." While some people take it to mean the time between freshmen and sophomore year, others see it as HS senior to freshman year. Because at NU there is a quarter system, by the time I apply, I will nearly be done with 2 quarters. I would just like to know if the above statement applies to me, and if it does and I apply, how detrimental would it be?
Post edited by noodler on

Replies to: Penn Transfer Help!

• pennformepennforme Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    I think they mean after half of your freshman year in college is not enough time for them to change their opinion of you. I think you need to have a solid entire freshman year, than apply next year after your first trimester. Again, I am not positive but that sounds like what it means. Good luck, I hope you eventually get to PENN.

OR don't try and figure it out but call to clarify.
This discussion has been closed.