Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance me: upenn, amherest, johns hopkins, brown, cornell, yale

icwest0213icwest0213 Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
edited October 2011 in University of Pennsylvania
I'm currently a high school junior in iowa.

gpa: 3.98 (two Bs)
ap classes: 9 (euro, bio, french 4, french 5, micro, macro, us gov, chem, and calc bc)
ap tests: euro (5), bio (5)
honors classes: english 10, am lit, geometry, algebra 2, precalc, and chem
I haven't taken the SAT I or ACT yet
SAT II: 770 Math 2, 730 bio E (i'm going to retake this, and i'm going to take french and literature later)
extra curricular: iowa all state orchestra 1st violin (3 yrs), piano concerto competition winner and performance with orchestra, participated in a international piano masterclass, pit orchestra for local theater (3 years), local orchestra (5 years), local violin group (4 years),
volunteering (over 600 hours library, nursing home, and hospital), from the top cohort, student government (3 years and leadership position), tae-kwon-doe (8 years, black belt).

thanks!
Post edited by icwest0213 on

Replies to: Chance me: upenn, amherest, johns hopkins, brown, cornell, yale

• icwest0213icwest0213 Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    also, my high school is one of the best in the midwest; our ACT average is always the top in the state, and we have the most national merit semifinalists than any high school in iowa and surrounding states this year.

i'm also pretty sure that i can get really good recs, and people have told me that my writing is strong
This discussion has been closed.