Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance for RD CAS please?

mp0296mp0296 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
Hi everyone, sorry if I'm doing this wrong but I'm really curious. So here's my profile
Basic Stats:
-GPA: 92.8UW/95.7W-> Extreme upward trend. 97UW/102W Junior year. First quarter senior year 98UW
-ACT Composite: 33
-SAT II: 790 on World History, US History, Biology M
-AP scores: 5 on US, Bio, World. 4 on Euro & English Comp.

Course Load:
-Freshmen & sophomore years were as rigorous as possible.
-Junior Year: AP Eng Comp, APUSH, AP Euro, AP Bio, Into to BC Calc, Honors Physics
-Senior Year: AP Physics C, AP Calc BC, AP Lit, AP Macro, AP Gov, Greek & Roman history

EC:
-Founder (as a junior) and president of local JSA (political debate club) chapter. I put a lot of work into organizing school meetings, conferences with other schools etc.
-Varsity Cross Country/Winter Track/Spring track. All county track runner
-Lifeguard 2 years. Soccer referee 5 years.
-Intern for member of NY legislature since July 2012. About 30 hours so far.
-American Legion Boy's State: Elected to County Chairmen of my political party.
-NY winner of well-known competition regarding international affairs. Top 10 in nationals.
-National Honor Society (NHS)

Awards:
-Nothing really besides AP Scholar with Distinction. Also a few minor science ones for when I did Science Research 9-11 grade.

Essays:
-Common App one was excellent according to some people who have worked in admissions.

So I know my GPA is on the lower end, but is it so bad it's going to kill me? Does it make any difference that the two years of Spanish I had to take are killing the overall number? Thanks to everyone that bothered to read this, and hi to people I know in real life.
This discussion has been closed.