right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Thursday, June 11 at 7pm ET to hear from students on how COVID-19 impacted their college plans and current on-campus experiences. Zai, Ethan, and Rohan will share information about their college and application experiences. REGISTER NOW!
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Freshmen Experience

2»

Replies to: Freshmen Experience

• rhandcorhandco 4240 replies55 threads Senior Member
    I lived two years in the Quad, and also moved within the Quad one year. My freshman room was within a few dorms of the entrance, and it was VERY busy and social. Sophomore year, I was in the mini quad area, and the floor was quieter but it was actually much noisier because there were some hooligans (shooting off bottle rockets, it took them weeks and weeks to catch them). Then I lived in the sharp point towards the Bio building, and it was like a ghost town.

I think the thing is, they don't put freshman in isolated dorms. Sophomore year, my best friend lived in the high rise with his freshman year roommate, and they basically had two singles with a shared bathroom and small living room. They hardly saw anyone on the floor.

I liked the Quad because of location and because you could find a party if you wanted to. Also, the rooms can be unique there, and the other housing options are rather spartan. We had a walled up fireplace in our room junior year, and it was the only room on the floor.
    · Reply · Share
  • T26E4T26E4 23243 replies1031 threads Senior Member
    @queenbitch: please note the posting dates of the many threads you've replied to -- many are long dormant conversations.
    · Reply · Share
  • ivyguy28ivyguy28 6 replies0 threads New Member
    I loved living on the quad. I think that you will be fine there!
    · Reply · Share
  • lana100sflana100sf 20 replies0 threads New Member
    I loved the Quad! I actually lived there for 3 years -- one for my freshman year and the last two years as an RA at Fisher Hassenfeld! It's absolutely beautiful and it's very social. I met most of my best friends in the dorms.
    · Reply · Share
  • heywhatisdownheywhatisdown 8 replies1 threads New Member
    I currently live in the quad as a freshman. I live in Fisher-Hassenfeld, in the tip of the nipple. It's so quiet and like a sanctuary here. My friends who live in Ware and the likes certainly have more social and rowdy halls; they can never study in their room. But that's not at all a problem for me, since I live in a more isolated region of the quad. At the same time, I get all the social benefits. The interior of the Quad, just being in it, is like being a part of this exclusive community. It's a social hub, and all my friends who don't live in the Quad have such FOMO for not living here. Plus, you're never going to get the chance to live in this gorgeous historic place ever again. Definitely go for it. It's like something you should put at the top of your bucket list, honestly.
    · Reply · Share
  • jailonjaiwjailonjaiw 6 replies0 threads New Member
    Check out this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVuMN2_p8ts&t=5s
    It shows penn life pretty well
    · Reply · Share
  • LuyanzzzLuyanzzz 12 replies1 threads New Member
    This is one of the schools I'm trying to get in
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity