right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new look with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return on Nov. 24. Read more about this here!

What are Penn students like?

greenteen17greenteen17 510 replies90 threads Member
Competitive? Friendly? Pre-professional? etc.
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What are Penn students like?

• BehindYouBehindYou 54 replies5 threads Junior Member
    I heard lots of Wharton students are really competitive with each other. I heard this from a student that goes there....
    · Reply · Share
  • greenteen17greenteen17 510 replies90 threads Member
    Do you have any information about undergads?
    · Reply · Share
  • BehindYouBehindYou 54 replies5 threads Junior Member
    @greenteen17 sadly I'm just like you. I have no idea. I would like to know more about this too!
    · Reply · Share
  • greenteen17greenteen17 510 replies90 threads Member
    Thanks. I guess I'll look at student reviews on Unigo.
    · Reply · Share
  • Much2learnMuch2learn 4610 replies168 threads Senior Member
    @greenteen17 @behindyou

Penn has 10,000 undergrads, so you will find all kinds of students, but there are some themes that you will discover.

In general, students are cooperative, and not usually competitive with one another. SEAS and Wharton do give it somewhat of a preprofessional vibe, but most students are in CAS which does not fit that mold. Students tend to be sociable and like to have fun when they aren't buried in homework. Students tend to have strong social connections to their peers, and this carries over into strong alumni connections. There is a significant greek presence, that is about 30% of students.

Penn tends to be a mix of theory and practice. They expects students to move beyond book knowledge and be able to do things themselves, so expect hands-on projects.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity