Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

wharton vs. harvard + updated chances?

2»

Replies to: wharton vs. harvard + updated chances?

• theworld8905theworld8905 Registered User Posts: 601 Member
    does it look good if you are in the process of starting FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) in your school and you are going to president? I tried to start it in my junior year (this year) but i had some complications.
  • JCoveneyJCoveney - Posts: 1,504 Senior Member
    Business clubs most definitely aren't necessary or even necessarily recommended to force yourself into to get into Wharton
  • juniorinhsjuniorinhs Registered User Posts: 645 Member
    would it be a good thing to emphasize DECA/FBLA?
    It's a weird situation for me.
    I joined DECA in 9th grade, it was a huge club, and I actually had to tryout within my club for my topic-business law. When we went to regionals, I had actually like studied, but the questions that were given were pretty outrageous, and I had gotten like a 74 or something low like that, and still won 2nd place. Then we went to states, and I got a top-10 written test medal. But some members of the club were busted for drinking, and our school decided to shut down DECA. The next year, an acquaintance started FBLA, and I joined, but the two of us could not get it off the ground, and it collapsed within the first few weeks of school. This year, we got more people to join, so it was pretty healthy, we just mostly did a lot of fundraising, we didn't compete (didn't have the funds to). Next year, (we haven't done elections yet, but I'm pretty much 99.9% sure that I"ll be prez-we did nominations and I ran unopposed.)... and we'll see if we're in condition to compete next year.
  • ramses88ramses88 Registered User Posts: 289 Junior Member
    dude getting drunk at deca is a rite of passage how dare they shut down your chapter
  • juniorinhsjuniorinhs Registered User Posts: 645 Member
    Update: AP grades
    This year: one 5, two 4s, 3 CalcBC (3 ABsubscore)...waiting on one late test....a lil disappointed. will it affect?
  • JCoveneyJCoveney - Posts: 1,504 Senior Member
    an update! Thank goodness!
2»
This discussion has been closed.