Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

University of Pennsylvania Fall 2019 Transfer Thread

mgr001mgr001 Registered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
Dear fellow prospective UPenn transfer students,

I wanted to start this thread as early as possible to get the conversation going.

I do not expect much activity on this thread during summer break, so I am looking forward to conversations with new prospective transfer students this fall.

Good luck to everyone in advance.

Sincerely,

@mgr001

Replies to: University of Pennsylvania Fall 2019 Transfer Thread

• laozizuikulaozizuiku Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Hi everyone, congratulations on the admission!! I am admitted to CAS and am facing a problem. I sincerely hope anyone who sees this post could offer me some advice.

I got a C+ in one of my spring course. It is a seminar on epics, Odyssey and Aeneid and so on. I emailed the AO and asked them if this is going to affect my enrollment and they asked me to explain it. I am not a native English speaker and the reading in this course is very difficult for me. Also, I did very well in the essay assignments in this course because I spent a lot of time on them, but did not do well on the final exam, which ultimately resulted in this grade.

Btw I am getting A's in my other classes.

I am accepted as a math major and this seminar has nothing to do with it. Also, it is probably not going to be transferred as valid credit. I need your advice on two questions: 1) How do I explain this grade? Should I mention myself going to the therapist in April bc of anxiety issues since it might be a factor? 2) Is my offer likely to be revoked??

Thank you for reading this post and thank you for your advice in advance!!
  • mgr001mgr001 Registered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
  • kb199977kb199977 Registered User Posts: 108 Junior Member
    will be applying to penn as well for 2019! @mgr001 looks like we are both applying to penn and Stanford so far!
  • opvcsocalopvcsocal Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    edited May 24
    Question: Do I need to submit my high school grades when I apply this fall? I got a 2.7 graduating high school. I'm in community college now with sixty some units and a 3.96 overall, 4.00 major gpa for engineering. I improved my game significantly and I don't want my high school affecting me
  • NeogotmybackNeogotmyback Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    @opvcsocal Yes, you must send your official high school transcript. It says so in the transfer checklist. http://www.admissions.upenn.edu/apply/transfer-admission/checklist
  • avkhatri101avkhatri101 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    @mgr001 @kb199977 , don't forget me guys.
  • opvcsocalopvcsocal Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Dang! How much will it lower my chances? I showed a significant upward trend going from a 2.7 HS GPA to a 3.94 College GPA, I went from crap to stellar and I'm concerned it will hinder my future.
  • frozengirl9frozengirl9 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Hey! I haven’t even started college yet but soon will. I’ll begin my freshman year in Jan 2019. To transfer to UPenn when should I start preparing my applications? Like in what year and month? Thanx!
  • aoeuidhtnsaoeuidhtns Registered User Posts: 372 Member
    @frozengirl9 That's a little tough since you're starting in spring semester and the transfer deadlines are March 15th. You might be better off applying in March of 2020 after you have a full year of grades that you can apply with. Otherwise, you won't have much on your college transcript.

It might help to contact Penn admissions and ask them for some advice in terms of timing since you're starting in the Spring. The process would be simpler at schools that have transfer admissions in both the fall and spring (e.g., Cornell), in which case you would apply October 2019 after completing your first freshman semester.
  • AshtashAshtash Registered User Posts: 362 Member
    I can't wait until these threads start up...guessing it won't be until around 2019 though, haha!!!