right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Thursday, June 11 at 7pm ET to hear from students on how COVID-19 impacted their college plans and current on-campus experiences. Zai, Ethan, and Rohan will share information about their college and application experiences. REGISTER NOW!
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Frat life?

nellyonenellyone 43 replies7 threads Junior Member
I'm a prospective freshman and very interested in greek life at Penn. How would you describe each of the different frats at Penn? Could you elaborate on the demographic, social, and academic aspects of each? What about reputation? I saw this link (https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-pennsylvania/1032919-penn-fraternities.html), but seeing as it's from 2010, I wouldn't think it's very reliable. How much does wealth/athleticism factor into each demographic? Thanks in advance
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Frat life?

• nhparent9nhparent9 196 replies0 threads Junior Member
    You're early to the process, but good to think ahead. You have plenty of time to figure out the greek thing. Penn doesn't allow pledging fall of freshman year so you have the whole semester to get to know the brothers at each house. You'd then pledge in the spring if selected.
    · Reply · Share
  • Pennmom2022Pennmom2022 12 replies0 threads New Member
    My son is a freshman. He told me that there is a fraternity and sorority for everyone to join. It is very diverse.
    · Reply · Share
  • oak2mapleoak2maple 154 replies18 threads Junior Member
    Yeah, it would be great if a current student could chime in on the reputation of each of the Penn fraternities for the incoming class of 2023. All the threads on this subject are outdated on CC.
    · Reply · Share
  • Angelababy30Angelababy30 165 replies19 threads Junior Member
    As far as I know, there will be a welcome session / Q&A session for the incoming freshman this year by the difference Tatar’s and sorority. It’s the first time that penn is doing this so take advantage of that.
    · Reply · Share
  • nigelunonigeluno 102 replies8 threads Junior Member
    lol didn't get admitted///awk ... hope this thread helps someone tho!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity