Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Penn Class of 2023 ED Results ONLY

Replies to: Penn Class of 2023 ED Results ONLY

• astrolakersastrolakers Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    Decision: Accepted - CAS

Objective:
    SAT I (breakdown M/CR/W/Essay): 1540 (790/750/15) - lol didn't submit
    SAT I superscore (breakdown M/CR/W/Essay):
    ACT (breakdown):36 (36M/36E/35R/35S/8)
    ACT superscore (breakdown):
    SAT II (subject, score):800 Math 2, 750 Physics, 710 US History
    Unweighted/Weighted GPA: 3.85/4.53 was bogged down by substellar freshman first semester
    Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): top decile - but technically top 9% cuz ELC
    AP (place score in parentheses): Physics C: Mechanics(5), Biology(4), Chemistry(5), Calculus AB(5), Calculus BC(5), Language and Composition(5), US History(5), Computer Science A (5), AP European History (3), AP Microeconomics - selfstudy (5)
    Senior Year Course Load: AP Seminar, AP Statistics, APES, AP Literature, AP Macroeconomics
    Number of other ED applicants in your school:1
    Major Awards (USAMO, Intel, etc.):lol none
    Common Awards (AP Scholar, honor roll, NM things, etc.):NM Commended, National AP Scholar, Junior honor guard, (basically nothing major)

Subjective:
    Extracurriculars (name, grade levels, leadership, description):
    President: Astronomy Club (10/11/12)
    VP: Competition Physics Club (11/12)
    Co-Captain: HS Science Olympiad (10/11/12)
    President: American Cancer Society (9/10/11/12)
    Head Coach: Middle School Science Olympiad Team(15 hr/week-35 weeks/year) (10/11/12)
    VP: Math Club (9/10/11/12)
    Board of Directors: Music based Nonprofit (10/11/12)
    Director of Operations: Aerospace engineering program working with superintendent and over 100k in funds (11/12)
    Pulsar Search Collaboratory Leader (11/12)
    MTAC Level 10 Piano - 10 years Piano (9/10/11/12)
    Tennis (JV/V) - 4 years - Captain(9/10/11/12)
    College Courses(20 credits by senior year)

Job/Work Experience:none
    Volunteer/Community Service: MS Science olympiad and ACS (see above)
    Summer Experience: Summer college courses, SIP Summer program, COSMOS Summer Program
    Teacher Recommendation #1: AP US History teacher (7/10) - highkey he and I were homies....but he turned in my rec letter on 10/31 at 10 PM so seems kinda late and rushed to me...
    Teacher Recommendation #2: AP Physics C teacher (8/10) - he and I were really good friends and I think he spoke well regarding my physics knowledge...may have been from a template but I guess it did not matter!
    Counselor Rec: 9/10 - Really an amazing rec letter that spoke to both my academic and personality traits. We spoke often and she kept me in the loop on how to skip classes and make my way to top classes. I also read this one and damn it was beautiful...
    Additional Info/Rec: Parent for a kid I worked with in MS Science Olympiad (10/10) - I did not read it but she helped grade and review all my essays (for free mind you) and overall spoke well regarding my academic achievements. I think this spoke well to my extracurricular achievements and aspirations.
    Interview: 10/10 - we basically had a lot in common and spoke about penn and academic aspirations I could achieve there. Virtual interview

Writing (Subject, 1-10 rating, details):
    Why Penn: 8/10 - it was good but generic imo...could've definitely been better
    Any dual-degree program essays:
    CommonApp Essay: 9.5/10 - damn near the best essay i've ever written; really showed my critical thinking skills and my background. (had a typo tho).

Other:
    Date Submitted App:11/1 - LOL Clutch
    Applied for Financial Aid? yep
    U.S. State/Territory or Country: CA
    School Type: Public
    Ethnicity: Indian
    Income Bracket Range: 250k+
    Hooks (URM, first generation, recruited athelete, development): none

Reflection
    Strengths: test scores, extracurriculars, rec letters, interview
    Weaknesses: GPA, essays could've been better
    Were else were you accepted/deferred/rejected: deferred Caltech, haven't heard back from UChicago yet but expecting rejection/deferral (not like it matters anyway).
    What would you have done differently?: nothing...PENN 2023

Other Factors:
    I'll be honest, this was...unexpected.
  • penngal2023penngal2023 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2018
    Decision: Accepted - SEAS

Objective:
    SAT I (breakdown M/CR/W/Essay): 1590 (800 Math, 790 Reading) - one sitting
    SAT I superscore (breakdown M/CR/W/Essay): N/A
    ACT (breakdown): N/A
    ACT superscore (breakdown): N/A
    SAT II (subject, score): Math II 800, Chemistry 800
    Unweighted/Weighted GPA: 4.59 weighted
    Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): no rank at my hs, but definitely in the top 5
    AP/IB (place score in parentheses): Calculus BC (5), Chemistry (5), Statistics (5), APUSH (5), Psychology (5), Physics 1 (4), Physics 2 (4), English Language (5), Computer Science A (5)
    Senior Year Course Load: AP French, Honors Anatomy & Physiology (rigor of an AP class), AP European History, AP Physics C, AP English Literature, AP Biology
    Number of other ED applicants in your school: 5
    Major Awards (USAMO, Intel, etc.): N/A
    Common Awards (AP Scholar, honor roll, NM things, etc.): National AP Scholar, National Merit Semifinalist, National French Exam Gold Medal (3 years)

Subjective:
    JV Cross Country Runner (9, 10, 11, 12): Senior Leader
    Key Club (10, 11, 12)
    National Honors Society (11, 12)

Job/Work Experience:
    West Penn Hospital Internship (12): 8 weeks long, 7 hours per day, worked in various departments, especially in the Intensive Care Unit as an assistant for nurses. Also conducted research in a hospital environment and participated in planning and implementing initiatives to increase the efficiency of the hospital.
    Private Academic Tutor (11, 12)

Volunteer/Community Service:
    UPMC Hospital Volunteering (10, 11, 12): approx. 150 hours total
    Allegheny General Hospital Volunteering (11): approx. 50 hours total
    World Vision Volunteer (10, 11, 12)
    Living Ministry Volunteer (9, 10, 11, 12): outreach events for the homeless in my city

Summer Experience:
    Hospital Volunteering and Internship (see above)

Teacher Recommendation #1: 9/10 - (waived right to read, but...) AP Chemistry and Honors Organic Chemistry teacher, knows me really well, did great in both classes, talked outside of class
    Teacher Recommendation #2: 9/10 - (also waived right to read) APUSH teacher, great guy, loved my presentations, did great in his class
    Counselor Rec: 8/10 - (didn't get to read) one of the top students, talked to her more than the average student, writes good rec letters, probably a little bit generic
    Additional Info/Rec: N/A
    Interview: 8/10 - really hit it off, interesting conversations, seemed impressed with me, was pretty well prepared, talked about a lot of her own experiences that I was interested in too, nothing amazing though

Why Penn: 8/10 - very specific, talked about different experiences and programs on campus that would directly influence me and my career goals, emphasized interdisciplinary studies, collaboration, and innovation
    Any dual-degree program essays: N/A
    CommonApp Essay: 10/10 - LOVED writing this, many people/teachers read it and helped me edit, talked about my hospital summer experiences, but also a difficult decision that challenged my character and integrity

Other:
    Date Submitted App: 10/30/18
    Applied for Financial Aid? Yes
    U.S. State/Territory or Country: PA
    School Type: Large Public
    Ethnicity: Asian
    Income Bracket Range: ~100,000
    Hooks (URM, first generation, recruited athelete, development): from PA?, female in engineering?, not quite sure if these really count lol

Reflection
    Strengths: GPA, scores, essays, rec letters, passion really showed through my app
    Weaknesses: extracurriculars were pretty limited..., lack of leadership roles in general
    Were else were you accepted/deferred/rejected: University of Pittsburgh - accepted (didn't apply anywhere else yet)
    What would you have done differently?: probably been more involved in extracurriculars

Other Factors: Honestly, I'm still completely in shock! I'm so happy I've been given this amazing opportunity. I'm so grateful to my teachers, family, and friends for helping/supporting me through this process. I'm so excited to meet my fellow classmates on campus soon! For those who are still continuing their college search, good luck, and I'm sure you will find an amazing and vibrant community that you will love and thrive in. For hopeful applicants, remember, you don't have to be the best candidate out there to be accepted. You just need to show Penn why you are a good fit for them. Explain how passionate and committed you are! Good luck everyone!
  • BokysEditsBokysEdits Registered User Posts: 26 Junior Member
    edited December 2018

Objective:
    ACT superscore (breakdown): 35 (36R/36E/34M/35S)
    SAT II (subject, score): 730 (Biology E), 730 (Math II)
    Unweighted/Weighted GPA: 4.0
    Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): Top 1%
    AP/IB (place score in parentheses): World History (3), European History (3), Calculus AB (3), Environmental Science (4), English Literature (4), Spanish Literature (4), English Language (5), Spanish Language (5)
    Senior Year Course Load: AP Calculus BC, IB Calculus SL, IB Biology HL, IB English HL, IB Spanish HL, IB Theory of Knowledge 2, IB History SL, Activities (student government class)
    Number of other ED applicants in your school: 0
    Major Awards (USAMO, Intel, etc.): None
    Common Awards (AP Scholar, honor roll, NM things, etc.): National Hispanic Recognition Scholar, AP Scholar with Distinction

Subjective:
    - Class President (9, 10, 11, 12)
    - Founded project to prevent gun violence and suicide in school by tackling social isolation in 3,500+ student high school (10, 11, 12)
    - Varsity and club swimming (2008 - now) Captain of club for seven years and captain of school senior year
    - Free swim lessons and life guarding for underprivileged children (9, 10, 11, 12)
    - Church daycare group leader (9, 10, 11, 12) 250+ hours
    - Best Buddies club (9, 10, 11, 12) Board member (11) Secretary (12)
    - Interact club (10, 11, 12) Board Member (11, 12)
    - Guitarist (2008 - now) Making videos on social media and performing at school events
    - Beat boxing (2012 - now) Performing at school events (said I wanted to do a cappella in college in Why Penn essay)
    Job/Work Experience: Lifeguard for summer camp (10, 11)
    Volunteer/Community Service: Hospital Volunteer/Intern (9, 10, 11, 12) 300+ hours working in emergency department, transportation department. I cleaned rooms, took care of and transported patients, and translated for physicians
    Teacher Recommendation #1: Calculus teacher (7/10) She wrote it in 20 minutes but I think it probably spoke intimately about me since I have had her for 3 years
    Teacher Recommendation #2: Chemistry teacher (10/10) She loves me and always talks great things about me; said it was extremely easy to write my recommendation and actually ended up having to cut words because it was so long
    Counselor Rec: (9/10) My counselor loves me and was impressed by my activities so I think that means she wrote well about me. I also know her pretty well and from what she said, she wrote about my personal characteristics and drive
    Additional Info/Rec: Hospital Volunteer Coordinator (10/10) I have worked with her since freshman year and she told me multiple times that I am one of the best volunteers she has ever had. I helped her organize events and run errands on top of doing my volunteer work so I think that reflected in my recommendation.
    Interview: (9/10) Went great and was 40 minutes long through Skype. She was extremely nice and loved to hear my perspective on life as I enjoyed to hear hers

Why Penn: (8/10) I talked about very specific things that I learned at the Penn Early Exploration Program (PEEP) and what exactly I want to do at Penn for the next 4 years. This means what classes, clubs, sports, events and other extracurricular activities I want to be a part of. I also talked about my long term goal of becoming a doctor for Doctors Without Borders and how Penn will help me get there, as well as why I wanted to major in Biology (to prepare for med school).
    Any dual-degree program essays: Life Sciences and Management (4/10) I wrote it pretty last minute and later realized I did not really make a good case for the program because the program is not really catered toward premed students (more for research science and entrepreneurship).
    CommonApp Essay: (9/10) I used beat boxing as a metaphor for my lack of social skills when I was younger and how it was hard to learn the language of English after coming from Venezuela at 8 years old. I compared how I improved beat boxing (I used to suck) with how I improved my social skills and I was able to tie two of my most important EC's (student government and my high school project) as well as details about my background.

Other:
    Date Submitted App: 10/31
    U.S. State/Territory or Country: Florida
    School Type: Public, 3,500+ students
    Ethnicity: Hispanic
    Income Bracket Range: ~50,000
    Hooks (URM, first generation, recruited athelete, development): Immigrant (came from Venezuela at eight years old), Hispanic, did Penn Early Exploration Program fly-in (PEEP)

Other Factors: PEEP fly-in helps so much!! PLEASE apply if you are a junior this year. You get to meet Penn admissions and your regional rep (aka the person who reads your app for the first time) which helps immensely. If you are accepted to PEEP it means that admissions likes you which helps you when you apply to the school for real. The fly-in also helps you see if you really like Penn and if you would want to apply ED. Getting into PEEP is not a guarantee of admission but it definitely helps. In the same way, not getting into PEEP does not mean you won't get into the school. Also, if you love Penn, consider applying ED!! They really take in consideration that it is your first choice.

If you are reading this as a prospective applicant and have any questions, don't hesitate to message me!!
  • elena719elena719 Registered User Posts: 130 Junior Member
    edited December 2018
    Decision: Rejected - CAS

Objective:
    SAT I (breakdown M/CR/W/Essay): 1560, 800M, 760CR, 19 essay
    SAT II (subject, score): 800 Math2, 670 Chemistry, 690 Spanish
    Unweighted/Weighted GPA: 4.0/4.4
    Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 1 in uncompetitive public school
    AP/IB (place score in parentheses): 4s and 5s
    Senior Year Course Load: 4 APs + 1 online AP
    Major Awards (USAMO, Intel, etc.): None
    Common Awards (AP Scholar, honor roll, NM things, etc.): NM semifinalist, AP Scholar

Subjective:
    Extracurriculars (name, grade levels, leadership, description): Just a bunch of clubs
    Job/Work Experience: Tutored math freshman and sophomore years
    Volunteer/Community Service: Did the minimum
    Summer Experience: Various STEM camps
    Teacher Recommendation #1: Probably good
    Teacher Recommendation #2: Probably meh
    Counselor Rec: Probably good
    Additional Info/Rec: N/A
    Interview: Seemed to go ok

Why Penn: Thought it was good
    Any dual-degree program essays: No
    CommonApp Essay: Thought it was good

Other:
    Date Submitted App: Oct 29th?
    Applied for Financial Aid? No
    U.S. State/Territory or Country: California
    Ethnicity: White
    Income Bracket Range: High
    Hooks (URM, first generation, recruited athlete, development): None

Reflection
    Strengths: Grades, SAT score
    Weaknesses: Weak ECs, No hooks, Subject tests?
    Were else were you accepted/deferred/rejected: No where yet
    What would you have done differently?: Should not have applied, or should have been more awesome.
  • DoomferDoomfer Registered User Posts: 1 New Member

Objective:
    SAT I (breakdown M/CR/W/Essay):
    ACT (breakdown): 32 (34 English, 31 Reading, 29 Math, 32 Science)
    ACT superscore (breakdown): 33 (34 English, 35 Reading, 29 Math, 32 Science)
    SAT II (subject, score): 720 Math II, 690 World History
    Unweighted/Weighted GPA:
    Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 3/117
    AP/IB (place score in parentheses): IB History HL (7), IB Economics HL (7), IB English A Lang. and Lit. HL (7), IB Spanish A Lang. and Lit. HL (7), Mathematics SL (7), Environmental Systems and Societies SL (7), TOK (A), Extended Essay (B). Overall IB Score 45/45.
    Major Awards (USAMO, Intel, etc.): NHSMUN NYC Outsanding Foreign Delegation Award, several school subject area awards (given to one student annually per grade level and subject).

Subjective:
    - OPMUN (10, 11, 12), Co-founder: an organization that brought MUN to low-income schools.
    - Business Professionals of America Honor Society (11, 12), President: created in-school businesses, profits went to charities.
    - Trading Club (10, 11, 12), Co-founder and President: taught investment to school students.
    - MUN (9, 10, 11, 12), Vice-president: organized several conferences, won many awards at both international and national levels.
    - Marketing Intern at a company in my country (10)
    - National Honor Society (10, 11, 12), member
    - Student Body Government (10), Secretary
    - School Newspaper (10, 11, 12), member
    Teacher Recommendation #1: IB Econ HL teacher- I've had her for 2 years and we have a close relationship. I've also only gotten 7/7 in her class, so I'm positive her letter was really good.
    Teacher Recommendation #2: IB English Lang and Lit teacher- Have had him for 2 years but we get along really well and I've excelled in his class, so I'm also sure the rec is good.
    Counselor Rec: Probably pretty good- we didn’t talk much, but all interactions were positive.

Why Penn: 8/10 I was extremely specific about the classes I wanted to take and the programs I wanted to do at Penn. I developed really well why I'm interested in the subjects I'm interested in.
    CommonApp Essay: 10/10 I wrote about overcoming a disease of mine and the effect it had on my family. Started dark but ended up on a positive and empowering tone.

Other:
    Date Submitted App: 10/24
    U.S. State/Territory or Country: International
    School Type: Private School
    Ethnicity: white/Latino
    Income Bracket Range: upper class
    Hooks (URM, first generation, recruited athelete, development): international.

Reflection
    Strengths: Extra Curriculars, IB Grades, Essays
    Weaknesses: SAT Subject Tests, maybe ACT.
    Were else were you accepted/deferred/rejected: nowhere
    What would you have done differently?: Nothing.
  • archgal2023archgal2023 Registered User Posts: 0 New Member
    Decision: Deferred - CAS

Objective:
    SAT I (breakdown M/CR/W/Essay): 1530 in one sitting - M 800, EBRW 730, Essay 21
    ACT (breakdown): 35 in one sitting - E 36, M 34, R 33, S 36
    ACT superscore (breakdown): N/A
    SAT II (subject, score): Math II 780, Chem 800
    Unweighted/Weighted GPA: 3.87/4.42
    Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): school doesn't rank
    AP/IB (place score in parentheses): AP Calc AB (5), AP Chem (5), APUSH (5), AP Chinese (5), AP World History (4), AP Macro (4), AP Micro (4), AP Bio (4)
    Senior Year Course Load: AP Physics 1, AP Stat, AP Calc BC, AP English, Architecture, Peer Group Leader
    Number of other ED applicants in your school: 5 that I know of, probably more
    Major Awards (USAMO, Intel, etc.):
    - Grand Prize for an international art contest
    - CSPA Gold Circle Award in Computer Generated Art/Illustration
    - CSPA Newspaper Critique 2x Gold Medalist, Highest Honors in Visuals
    - 2nd at county tennis tournament 3 years in a row
    - Regional tennis award by local newspaper
    - Silver medal at a hackathon
    Common Awards (AP Scholar, honor roll, NM things, etc.): National AP Scholar, National Merit Commended Scholar

Subjective:
    - Student at local art studio since age 5, won regional/national/international contests (9, 10, 11, 12)
    - Founder and owner of design business (9, 10, 11, 12)
    - Design and management intern at a pharmaceutical company (11, 12)
    - School newspaper editor (9, 10, 11, 12)
    - School food magazine editor (11, 12)
    - Varsity tennis, captain (9, 10, 11, 12)
    - Volunteer youth assistant coach at local tennis club (10, 11, 12)
    - Senior Peer Group Leader (12)
    Job/Work Experience: the internship thing
    Volunteer/Community Service: the tennis coach thing
    Summer Experience:
    - STEM summer program
    - Internship thing
    - Spent a good chunk beefing up my art portfolio
    Teacher Recommendation #1: 10/10 - Calc AB teacher and Peer Group advisor. I sat in the front and was always helping the girl next to me who struggled in class. Recommended me to be a tutor (didn't take the offer cuz senior fall was kicking my ass oof) and recommended me to be a Peer Group Leader. Talked to her a lot outside of class.
    Teacher Recommendation #2: 8/10 - AP Econ teacher. I was one of the few who ever participated in her class, asked a ton of questions. Not the best grades but tried really hard, always led group projects. Didn't talk to her much outside of class though.
    Counselor Rec: 9/10 - This one I was scared of cuz I had a different counselor every single year of high school (maternity leaves, temporaries, etc) but I think we connected pretty well after a few conversations. Super nice woman, very understanding. Saw my art portfolio and said it made her emotional, reminded her of her art days. Loved writing my rec.
    Additional Info/Rec: 10/10 - varsity tennis coach. Doesn't have much experience writing recs but knows how much I love being on the team and how hard I work.
    Interview: 6/10 - Idk about this one. Lasted a little over an hour. I ended up asking more questions than he asked me, and he didn't seem that impressed by my accomplishments. I said some stuff about our education system, idk if that was a red flag.

Why Penn: 7/10 - Your standard "why ___" essay, talked a lot about courses and professors I want to work with, wish I hadn't stressed the academics so much
    CommonApp Essay: 9/10 - Unconventional but genuine topic that showed my character, related it to my family situation. Everybody who read it said it was good but idk I was never really satisfied with the writing style

Other:
    Date Submitted App: 10/28
    U.S. State/Territory or Country: Northeast
    School Type: Very competitive
    Income Bracket Range: N/A
    Hooks (URM, first generation, recruited athelete, development): Art portfolio, showed the depth of my thinking and my exploration in a wide range of media

Reflection
    Strengths: Rec letters, Common App essay (?), portfolio, the character I communicated across
    Weaknesses: Quality and range of ECs, Math II score, UW GPA, interview
    Were else were you accepted/deferred/rejected: N/A
    What would you have done differently?: Amped up all my ECs, studied harder the first time I took the Chem subject test (copped an 800 in October but I was stressed out of my mind), edited my Common App essay until I was satisfied (I did for later apps), rewrote my Why Penn essay
  • Scholar2023Scholar2023 Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
    edited December 2018
    [ color=red]Decision: Rejected - CAS[ /color]

Objective:
    SAT I (breakdown M/CR/W/Essay): Did not submit
    ACT (breakdown): 32 (35 E, 34 R, 28 Math, 32 Sci)
    ACT superscore (breakdown): 33 (35 E, 35 R, 28 Math, 32 Sci)
    SAT II (subject, score): did not submit
    Unweighted/Weighted GPA: 3.86 / 4.11
    Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 121 / 405
    AP/IB (place score in parentheses): AP Human(2), AP World(4), AP US Hist (4), AP Eng Comp (3), AP Psyc (5)
    Senior Year Course Load: AP Env Science, AP Macro Economics, AP Eng Lit, Anatomy, Pre-Cal/Trig, Chorus
    Major Awards (USAMO, Intel, etc.): Varsity All American (sport)
    Common Awards (AP Scholar, honor roll, NM things, etc.): AP Scholar,

Subjective:
    Extracurriculars (name, grade levels, leadership, description): 2 sport 4 year letterman; Captain Senior year for both teams, strong ECs across the board. Top 40 Cheerleaders in State
    Job/Work Experience: 11th grade retail job; babysitting 9-12
    Volunteer/Community Service: 3-4 diff organizations; averaging 75+ hours per year
    Summer Experience:
    Teacher Recommendation #1: 9
    Teacher Recommendation #2: 8
    Counselor Rec: Unknown - she knows me fairly well. I'm guessing an 8.
    Additional Info/Rec: None
    Interview: Excellent - truly a great interview

Writing (Subject, 1-10 rating, details): 8
    Why Penn: 9
    CommonApp Essay: 8

Other:
    Date Submitted App: Oct 10th
    U.S. State/Territory or Country: Georgia
    School Type: Elite Public
    Ethnicity: Caucasian
    Income Bracket Range: Not submitted
    Hooks (URM, first generation, recruited athelete, development): Legacy

Reflection
    Strengths: Well rounded - 2 sport 4 year letterman, 9 APs, solid ACT.
    Weaknesses: Class Rank - my school is super competitive and ranks on unweighted GPA without count for AP/Honor. Lack of leadership roles. Most A's were lower 90-93, not higher.
    Where else were you accepted/deferred/rejected: Most pending - Accepted at safety school Univ of Miss.
    What would you have done differently?: Add more leadership into my activities than I had.

Other Factors:
  • cinderhcinderh Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    [ color=orange] Decision: Deferred - CAS [ /color]

Objective:
    SAT I (breakdown M/CR/W/Essay): didn't take SAT
    ACT (breakdown): 36 (English&Math 35, Reading&Science 36)
    ACT superscore (breakdown): ^first time
    SAT II (subject, score): Math II 800, Chem 770
    Unweighted/Weighted GPA: 3.82/4.16
    Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): No ranking at school; maybe top 15%-20%?
    AP/IB (place score in parentheses): AP Biology (5), AP Lang (5), AP Seminar (5), AP Chemistry (5)
    Senior Year Course Load: AP Research, AP Spanish, AP Calc BC, AP Macroeconomics, Regular English, Media Arts
    Number of other ED applicants in your school: 4
    Major Awards (USAMO, Intel, etc.): NHD China Research Paper 2nd place, Certificate of Distinction for University of Waterloo Pascal & Hypatia math competition
    Common Awards (AP Scholar, honor roll, NM things, etc.): AP Scholar with honor, high honor roll for most semesters in high school

Subjective:
    TEDx (10-12): currently lead organizer
    MUN (9-12): treasurer this year; BD once, chair thrice
    Photography club (10-12): treasurer last year
    Track & Field (9-12)
    Scientific magazine (11-12): part of editorial team
    Mini mobile application (11-12): co-founded an application for buying&selling textbooks within our school
    Piano (1-12): participated in several competitions; took & passed examinations such as ABRSM level 8
    Freelance designer (9-12): informally designed visuals, such as logos

Job/Work Experience:
    Baopals (2 months during summer after 11th): marketing intern at an ecommerce startup that helps expats in China purchase goods on Taobao (China's Amazon)

-Teacher assistant at school summer camp for one month (9th grade)
    -Mini app (see above)

Summer Experience:
    -Internship (as listed above)
    -SCAD summer seminar: week-long workshops related to graphic design and illustration
    -HKU finance & leadership summer camp: two-week summer program that introduced me to finance, marketing, and leadership
    -TA at summer camp (as listed above)

Teacher Recommendation #1: 9.5/10 I've known this teacher since 9th grade. He's our MUN director and has taught me for 2 years consecutively. We're pretty close.
    Teacher Recommendation #2: 8-9/10 I've known this teacher since 8th grade. Was my math teacher for three years. I didn't excel in all of his classes, but I think he has a pretty good impression and understanding of me since I help outside of class.
    Counselor Rec: 8/10 My counselor probably also has a good impression of me, but since he's responsible for writing a rec letter for all the students in our grade, I doubt that the rec was really personalized.
    Additional Info/Rec: 8.5/10 Written by the boss of the company I interned at. Pretty standard letter explaining my contributions and personality.
    Interview: 8.5/10 I was a bit nervous in the beginning, but the almunus was nice and understanding. I was able to answer most of his questions confidently. We later ended up having a pretty casual conversation that lasted for around an hour.

Why Penn: 9/10 I'd say it's fairly solid. Explained my interests in research, graphic design, and mathematical economics (the major I selected) and connected them to a clear vision of what I'll do at Penn. Spent weeks writing & revising it.
    CommonApp Essay: 9.5(?)/10 In my commonapp essay, I discussed how I've become a detail-oriented person by learning Chinese characters with my grandmother. I liked it, and the friends & teachers I've shown it to also did.

Other:
    Date Submitted App: 10/25
    U.S. State/Territory or Country: China
    School Type: Private international school
    Ethnicity: Taiwanese
    Income Bracket Range: 60k ish
    Hooks (URM, first generation, recruited athelete, development): N/A

Reflection
    Strengths: I think my essays and rec letters were pretty strong. Had substantial extracurc activities.
    Weaknesses: GPA, awards, volunteer exp
    Were else were you accepted/deferred/rejected: Accepted to Santa Clara University. Didn't EA any other schools.
    What would you have done differently?: Improve GPA, participate in more renowned competitions related to my major

Other Factors: Our school is not well known, and no one from our school has been accepted to UPenn before. The lack of any indication of ranking also makes my GPA look less impressive, even though few students in our grade have 3.9+.
  • goodvibes7goodvibes7 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    edited December 2018
    Decision: Rejected -M&T
    Decision: Deferred- SEAS

Objective:
    SAT I (breakdown M/CR/W/Essay):N/A
    SAT I superscore (breakdown M/CR/W/Essay):N/A
    ACT (breakdown): 34. took twice:
    1st time: 36S 36R 35W 30M
    2nd time: 33S 35R 35W 33M
    ACT superscore (breakdown): 35
    SAT II (subject, score):N/A
    Unweighted/Weighted GPA: 4.6 Weighted
    Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): Decile: 1
    AP/IB (place score in parentheses): APUS(5) APChem(5) APenglang/comp(5)
    Senior Year Course Load: AP Calc B/C, AP Spanish, AP Physics 1/2, AP environmental, AP Lit, Orchestra and PE
    Number of other ED applicants in your school: around 15
    Major Awards (USAMO, Intel, etc.): N/A
    Common Awards (AP Scholar, honor roll, NM things, etc.): AP Scholar, honor roll, community service

Subjective:
    Extracurriculars (name, grade levels, leadership, description): Biggest achievement is starting a 501(c)3 nonprofit. All honors societies, RHO kappa secretary(11th grade), NHS VP, Orchestra VP, STEM club co-founder, Orchestra
    Job/Work Experience: N/A
    Volunteer/Community: Did a program at PA hospital, stuff for honors societies etc.
    Summer Experience: Traveled, worked on nonprofit, STEM counselor, volunteered at a hospital
    Teacher Recommendation #1: AP 11 English teacher. I would say 8-9/10
    Teacher Recommendation #2: AP Chem (11th grade) teacher. I would say 7-9/10. IT was my best class. Had an A+
    Counselor Rec: Should be pretty good. 7-9/10
    Additional Info/Rec: DId not submit an additional rec letter
    Interview: was on the phone which was not what i would have preferred but I thought it went pretty well

Why Penn: Kind of formulaic but had a lot of specifics and a nice metaphor. Showed why I fit ) (9/10)
    Any dual-degree program essays: 2 M and T... I thought mine were unique butI knew applying to M&t was a stretch and very unlikely (10/10)
    CommonApp Essay: My inspiration for my nonprofit and what I learned from the experience etc... (9/10)

Other:
    Date Submitted App: mid november
    Applied for Financial Aid? yes
    U.S. State/Territory or Country: PA
    Ethnicity: Mixed. Asian and Hispanic
    Income Bracket Range: Middle Class
    Hooks (URM, first generation, recruited athelete, development): URM

Reflection
    Strengths: Grades, leadership
    Weaknesses: Did not submit subject tests or win major awards
    Were else were you accepted/deferred/rejected: did not apply anywhere else yet
    What would you have done differently?: Worked even harder on my nonprofit and tried to win a major award. Also submit subject tests but they were not that great so I decided not to

Other Factors:
  • Nb12nycNb12nyc Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    edited December 2018
    Decision: Accepted - Wharton !!!!!!!!

Objective:
    SAT I (breakdown M/CR/W/Essay): 1480 (750 math, 730 reading, 21 essay)
    SAT I superscore (breakdown M/CR/W/Essay): same as above 1480 21 essay
    ACT (breakdown): none
    ACT superscore (breakdown):none
    SAT II (subject, score): none
    Unweighted/Weighted GPA: unweighted 97, weighted 99+
    Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): school doesn’t rank but top 5% in a class of 100 at a highly competitive hs
    AP/IB (place score in parentheses): AP World soph year (4), AP Spanish Lang & Culture (5), AP English Lit (4), AP US History (5)
    Senior Year Course Load: AP English Lit, AP Environmental Science, AP Calculus AB, Dual Enrollment college class at Lehman College (American Political System), Honors Gov, Honors US History 1972-Present
    Number of other ED applicants in your school: none
    Major Awards (USAMO, Intel, etc.): none
    Common Awards (AP Scholar, honor roll, NM things, etc.):
    AP scholar with honor, arista, national merit scholarship program commendation, national hispanic recognition program

Subjective:
    4 year varsity baseball player and captain
    4 year varsity basketball player and captain
    SHSAT tutoring at the middle school I used to go to (4 years)
    Work writing invoices for my dad’s construction company
    Taught at a school in Puerto Rico for 3 summers

Job/Work Experience:

Made my own fundraiser after hurricane maria and raised $5,000 for relief aid, then got in contact with a nonprofit and negotiated with them so that the money I donated was allocated to supplying shelters in my hometown of Puerto Rico

Head coach of a nationally recognized youth basketball team sponsored by Nike for the past 4 years, won several nationally recognized tournaments.

Acted as an assistant coach for a Nike sponsored high school basketball team over the summer after my junior year, and when the team budget didn’t allow for the organization to pay for all the players, I reached out to people within the organization, got the contact of another coach within the organization who has a son in the NBA, and got his son’s contact/ asked his son to donate money and sponsor the kids who couldn’t afford to pay for traveling expenses for the summer, which he did.

Teacher Recommendation #1:
    10/10, from my US teacher who I had sophomore, junior, and senior year, he really liked me and we connected on a personal level, he knew me as well as anyone in my school.

Teacher Recommendation #2:
    8.5-10/10, came from my sophomore and junior year English teacher, he was kind of weird and a lot of kids didn’t like him but he really liked me and we had a lot of conversations about random topics outside of class, he’s also really smart and a really good writer, kind of a wildcard here and I was guessing his rec would either be really amazing or it could have backhanded compliments and not be the best, but I took a chance because he really liked me.

Counselor Rec:
    9/10, my guidance counselor is really overworked and has to write recs for all 100 kids in my grade, and mostly everyone does ed/ ea so she’s really busy but we talked a bunch of times and I would say she really liked me and understood what my strengths were as a student and as a person and knew how interested I am in business and how much I wanted to go to penn, I think she wrote a solid rec.

Additional Info/Rec:
    Interview:
    10/10, my interviewer was really nice and we really connected over lunch, I told her all about myself and my accomplishments, and about my school, including the things I did and didn’t like about it, also explained why I really loved penn, it honestly couldn’t have gone much better she really liked me and she was really nice.

Why Penn:
    10/10, I spent a lot of time on this essay and I had a family friend who went to Wharton read over it and make suggestions. I talked about my asset management skills as a financial manager for a team that I was an assistant coach for, and how I used innovative thinking and networking to get a donation to help kids who couldn’t afford travel expenses. I also talked about what clubs I am interested in at Wharton & why, and talked about specific reasons why I liked penn over other schools (president Amy Gutmann’s commitment to need based financial aid and admitting first generation students, as well as those from varied backgrounds, talked about penn’s unique urban campus, and also about how my small high school limited my opportunities and penn would provide me with the ample resources and opportunities I need to succeed.

Any dual-degree program essays: none

CommonApp Essay:
    10/10, worked really hard on this. I wrote about being a first generation college student, getting accustomed to life in an NYC specialized high school as an outsider who came from a family where education wasn’t emphasized, and how even though I changed a lot because of my new high school environment, I stayed true to my roots and remain strongly involved in my Puerto Rican community, and talked about the fundraiser I did and how I taught in a school in Puerto Rico for several summers.

Other:
    Date Submitted App: 10/24/18
    U.S. State/Territory or Country: NY
    School Type: Small, Public, Specialized
    Ethnicity: Hispanic
    Income Bracket Range: <75k
    Hooks (URM, first generation, recruited athelete, development):
    First generation, Hispanic.

Reflection
    Strengths:
    My essays were really well written and focused on specific topics (my involvement coaching sports, helping others, and my commitment to my Puerto Rican background, and how all of this relates to business and what I want to do at penn. I’m also hispanic which I’m sure helped, I go to a school that Penn is familiar with and they accept students from our school every year, took every AP my school has to offer, very high gpa, and had two things that really stood out in my application (the hurricane maria fundraiser and getting money from an NBA player who I didn’t know to sponsor kids on the team I coach).
    Weaknesses:
    Low SAT score, no SAT 2s
    Were else were you accepted/deferred/rejected:
    Accepted into Indiana and SUNY Binghamton , deferred from Ross at Umich.
    What would you have done differently?:
    Studied more for the sat, maybe gotten involved in more formal business related activities.

Other Factors: None
  • baseballparkbaseballpark Registered User Posts: 3 New Member

Objective:
    SAT I (breakdown M/CR/W/Essay): 800/760/22
    SAT I superscore (breakdown M/CR/W/Essay): same as listed

ACT (breakdown):

SAT II (subject, score): Mathematics Level 2: 800 / World History: 800 / Biology M: 760
    Unweighted/Weighted GPA: 4.98 out of 5 (1 B out of all 4 years)
    Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable):
    AP/IB (place score in parentheses): English Literature & Composition (5), United States History (5), United States Government & Politics (5), English Language & Composition (5), Statistics (5), Calculus BC (5), Macroeconomics (5), Microeconomics (5), World History (4)
    Senior Year Course Load:
    Number of other ED applicants in your school: 4

Major Awards (USAMO, Intel, etc.): 3rd place at Ayn Rand Essay contest 2018, national prize for NASA Cassini Scientist for a Day Essay Contest
    Common Awards (AP Scholar, honor roll, NM things, etc.):

-World Scholar's Cup -> 1st place in scholar's challenge & global round qualifier

-Destination Imagination Asia Round -> 1st place & global round qualifier

-Oxford Youth Writing Challenge -> Bodley Gold Award

-SKEC Essay Contest -> Bronze prize

-International English Essay Contest -> Silver prize

-ISSCY finalist

-Korea Public Speaking Competition -> 2nd place in interpretive reading

-awards in Spanish speaking contest and English speaking contest (school)

-academic excellence awards in English and Calculus (school)

-awards in mock trial, moot court, and MUN competitions

Subjective:

11, 12
    School
    4 hr/wk, 32 wk/yr
    Founder, Humans of HAFS
    Interviewed school teachers, students, and faculty members and uploaded the interviews on an online page

Internship
    11, 12
    40 hr/wk, 2 wk/yr
    Intern / Assistant FD, Korea Joongang Daily / MBC
    Wrote an article on match fixing in the Korean baseball league / proofread scripts & assisted the head Floor Director(paid)

Music: Vocal
    10, 11, 12
    2 hr/wk, 20 wk/yr
    Vocalist @ Lagom Lagom (HAFS busking club)
    recorded and published cover songs on Facebook and Youtube & held busking sessions

Journalism/Publication
    10, 11, 12
    5 hr/wk, 32 wk/yr
    Chief Editor / journalist @ The Beacon / Harbinger
    wrote articles and movie/book reviews & supervised the overall editing/publishing process of an English journal

Research
    11, 12
    8 hr/wk, 40 wk/yr
    Researcher, CCT & IPPF & ISSCY
    Researched topics such as roles of the press during 20c colonial Korea, efficacy of legally binding climate accords, and ways to prevent fake reviews

Other Club/Activity
    10, 11, 12
    4 hr/wk, 32 wk/yr
    Captain @ Gyujanggak (HAFS public diplomacy club)
    held public diplomacy lectures and hosted campaigns to promote Korea

10 hr/wk, 16 wk/yr
    Director, 2018 DMZ Docs
    Directed a documentary film about the digital marginalization of the elderly in Korea, which was shown at the DMZ Intl. Documentary Film Festival

Dance
    10 hr/wk, 8 wk/yr
    Dancer, Flamenco
    Participated in the La Bienal de Flamenco de Sevilla as the Korean representative

Community Service (Volunteer)
    10, 11, 12
    4 hr/wk, 28 wk/yr
    Mentor, ROTARY / HUFS Gifted Mentoring Program
    Mentored elementary students about book discussion and journalism theories

Athletics
    10, 11, 12
    3 hr/wk, 20 wk/yr
    Baseball, Captain, Grand Slam (HAFS baseball club)
    Organized friendly matches with other high school teams, participated in the 2018 Yongin high school all-star match as the school representative

Job/Work Experience: included in EC's
    Volunteer/Community Service: Included in EC’s
    Summer Experience: Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies -> took the Media Studies course
    Teacher Recommendation #1: English Literature teacher, 10/10
    Teacher Recommendation #2: AP World History teacher, 9/10
    Counselor Rec: 10/10
    Additional Info/Rec: I got one from a producer who supervised my internship activity at broadcasting station.
    Interview: nothing special, very casual

Why Penn: 9 out of 10. I got advice from a Penn student who graduated from my high school.
    Common App Essay: wrote about my achievement as the founder of Humans of HAFS. I would rate it a 6 out of 10.

Other:
    Date Submitted App: Oct 31
    U.S. State/Territory or Country: South Korea (I have a US citizenship though)
    School Type: Private boarding school, around 75 kids in my program
    Income Bracket Range: Doesn’t qualify for FA
    Hooks (URM, first generation, recruited athelete, development):

Reflection
    Strengths: test scores and awards..?
    Weaknesses: My commonapp essay was probably my biggest weakness
    Where else were you accepted/deferred/rejected: N/A
    What would you have done differently? Literally nothing

Other Factors:
  • UGG2023UGG2023 Registered User Posts: 147 Junior Member
    Rejected CAS
    Objective:

SAT I superscore:1510
    ACT:N/A
    SAT II: 740 Math II, 660 Literature
    Unweighted/Weighted GPA: 3.98 UW
    AP/IB: AP Art History (5), AP US History (4)
    Senior Year Course Load: AP Calc AB, Economics, Philosophy, French VI, Senior English Elective, Peer Leadership Course
    Number of other ED applicants in your school: 2 that I know of and both were also legacies
    Major Awards:
    Common Awards: Deans List 9,10,11,12

Subjective:
    Extracurriculars (name, grade levels, leadership, description): Student Life Co Head, Peer Leader
    Job/Work Experience:
    Volunteer/Community Service: Jr Coach Volunteer for a national outreach program for girls, Foreign Language tutor Volunteer, Boys and Girls Club Volunteer, International volunteer in schools and animal sanctuaries
    Summer Experience: Penn Young Scholars Program 2018, 4.0
    Teacher Recommendation #1: English Teacher
    Teacher Recommendation #2: Head of Science Department
    Counselor Rec: Yes
    Additional Info/Rec: Wrote about my disabilities
    Interview: 1.5 Hour in person, thought it went really well

Why Penn: wrote about specific classes, professors, research
    Any dual-degree program essays: No
    CommonApp Essay:

Other:
    Date Submitted App: 10/22/18
    U.S. State/Territory or Country: NJ
    School Type: Private
    Income Bracket Range: High
    Hooks : 4th Generation Legacy, Penn Young Scholar

Reflection
    Strengths: ?
    Weaknesses: ? another ED applicant from my school has a parent who is a politically significant alumni and they were admitted
    Were else were you accepted/deferred/rejected: waiting until March
    What would you have done differently?: Put too much faith in legacy status, not wasted my time and effort applying to Penn and applied ED elsewhere, this rejection was devastating but i’m moving on...
  • vjx2001vjx2001 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    edited December 2018
    Decision: Accepted - Nursing

Objective:
    SAT I (breakdown M/CR/W/Essay):
    SAT I superscore (breakdown M/CR/W/Essay): 790/780/19
    ACT (breakdown):
    SAT II (subject, score): Math II 800, Chemistry 720
    Unweighted/Weighted GPA: 4.08/4.0 weighted
    Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable):
    AP/IB (place score in parentheses): USH (4), Calc AB (5)
    Senior Year Course Load: AP Environmental Science, AP Lit, AP Psychology, AP Calculus BC, IB Language B, Gov/Econ Honors
    Number of other ED applicants in your school: >10 (made me really scared honestly)
    Major Awards (USAMO, Intel, etc.):
    Common Awards (AP Scholar, honor roll, NM things, etc.): honor roll, national merit commended, nhs

Subjective: (I'm going to be really vague here because I don't want people from my school to recognize me)
    Extracurriculars (name, grade levels, leadership, description): dance instructor, a couple of cultural clubs (I lead some of them)
    Job/Work Experience: Internship at a pretty big, well-known organization (related to environmental science but not nursing) ~ total of 200-300 hours
    Volunteer/Community Service: English/Math Tutoring (over 200 hours), fundraising for hospitals
    Summer Experience: summer program at Penn; took a biology course at a university
    Teacher Recommendation #1: 10/10
    Teacher Recommendation #2: 7/10 didnt really know me that well but did teach me for two years
    Counselor Rec: 6/10 a pretty generic letter since there were so many students
    Additional Info/Rec:
    Interview: 4/10 everything was lukewarm lol; imo it didn't affect my application at all bc it wasnt very good but also wasnt very bad either

Why Penn: 9/10 talked about my summer at Penn and about the courses i want to take there (nutrition minor, abroad programs, community awareness programs)
    CommonApp Essay: 8/10 I was pretty passionate about the subject but it could've been better

Other:
    Date Submitted App: 10/31/18
    Applied for Financial Aid? yes
    U.S. State/Territory or Country:
    School Type:
    Income Bracket Range: <25k
    Hooks (URM, first generation, recruited athelete, development): first generation

Reflection
    Strengths: sat, penn's summer program, why penn essay
    Weaknesses: interview
    Were else were you accepted/deferred/rejected:
    What would you have done differently?: should have tried to connect with the interviewer more

Other Factors:
  • britdarrowbritdarrow Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    edited January 24
    Decision: Deferred - CAS

Objective:
    SAT I (breakdown M/CR/W/Essay): N/A
    ACT (breakdown): 35 (36 E, 35 M, 35 R, 33 S and 11 writing)
    ACT superscore (breakdown): one-sitting
    SAT II (subject, score): 800 Math II, 800 US History
    Unweighted/Weighted GPA: 4.0 UW/4.6 W
    Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 2/730
    AP/IB (place score in parentheses): Bio (4), Euro (5), Calc BC (5), Enviro (5), APUSH (5), Lang (5), CSP (5)
    Senior Year Course Load: AP Stats, AP Physics C, AP Lit, AP Gov, Journalism AP Psych (online thru BYU), Multivariable Calculus (online thru JHU CTY), Ordinary Differential Equations (through community college)
    Major Awards (USAMO, Intel, etc.): rip
    Common Awards (AP Scholar, honor roll, NM things, etc.): National Merit Commended, California Sealbearer Candidate, AP Scholar, Math Achievement Award within my school, nothing rly good

Subjective:
    Extracurriculars (name, grade levels, leadership, description): cross-country (captain, 9-12, recruited by low-level DI schools and highly-competitive DIII schools), track (captain, 9-12, recruited by low-level DI schools and highly-competitive DIII schools), peer tutor (11,12), owner of local tutoring company (11, 12), counselor at local summer camp (9-12), volunteer at local hospital (12), research (10, 11, 12, published in an academic journal), math club (11, 12, secretary)
    Job/Work Experience:^^^ paid tutor bc I own the business and working as a camp counselor during summers and winters
    Volunteer/Community Service: volunteering at hospital
    Summer Experience: i went to those super expensive summer programs but didn't mention them in application
    Teacher Recommendation #1: well idk how to judge these, given that I didn't read them, but I would say likely 9/10 -- my AP Calc BC teacher and she told me that I was one of the best students she's ever had
    Teacher Recommendation #2: meh 7/10 AP Lang Teacher -- she was a kinda bitter lady but I think she liked me
    Counselor Rec: 6/10 -- go to a huge public schools where the college counselors don't even meet the students till their senior year. I'm sure these letters are extremely generic.
    Additional Info/Rec:
    Interview: 6/10. She was an interesting lady...I felt like she struggled to keep the conversation flowing. She kept putting her head in her hands and furrowing her eyebrows, trying to think of different questions. It was weird.

Why Penn: 9/10. I think this was one of my best essays.
    CommonApp Essay: 7/10. I have no idea how to judge this essay, so I'm giving it a 7. It's well-written, but perhaps a bit rushed at the end.

Other:
    Date Submitted App: 10/19
    Applied for Financial Aid? Nope
    U.S. State/Territory or Country: CA
    School Type: Huge Public, majority white students
    Income Bracket Range: >250,000
    Hooks (URM, first generation, recruited athelete, development): none rip

Reflection
    Strengths: test scores, grades, class-rank, supplement
    Weaknesses: ECs--pretty obviously done at the end of my high school career. I don't know how to judge my common app, but maybe that was a weakness? IDK. Being an overrepresented race from an overrepresented state w/no legacy
    Were else were you accepted/deferred/rejected: Deferred UChicago
    What would you have done differently?: A part of me wishes that I did ED to a non-ivy (ie: Duke, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Chicago, etc.) Those schools definitely care more about numbers than the ivies do in the Early Decision rounds. But, at the same time, Penn is my top school and I'm not doing ED II bc I like my shot at Penn come March. For future applicants, I just wanna let you know that numbers AREN'T anything!! Once you get to a certain caliber of students, it's all about differentiating yourself with stellar essays :)
    Post edited by skieurope on
  • ConfringoConfringo Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
    Decision: Accepted - SEAS