right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

UPenn Class of 2023 RD

Replies to: UPenn Class of 2023 RD

• stressed2019stressed2019 106 replies0 threads Junior Member
    I am deferred ED and portal's broken. Will try fixing the link rn
    · Reply · Share
  • Willow613Willow613 40 replies2 threads Junior Member
    So sorry! Were you deferred? Give yourself a day to mope and then move onward!
    · Reply · Share
  • trackcoach79trackcoach79 75 replies9 threads Junior Member
    DD added update, and was rejected.
    · Reply · Share
  • bioastronAJbioastronAJ 14 replies0 threads New Member
    Accepted!! This is insane, I was rejected by both Brown and Yale and I opened my #1 last which was/is UPenn! Congrats to everyone that was either accepted, waitlisted, or rejected. This process has been dreadfully stressful and applying to the Ivy League is that stress^2, but we got through and I hope we all attend a school that we learn to love this fall! Woo Class of 2023!
    · Reply · Share
  • SALVAJESALVAJE 14 replies5 threads Junior Member
    Deferred 😭 college of arts absolutely sciences.
    Does anyone know the defer stats and chances of acceptance after deferral? Thanks and good luck to everyone!
    · Reply · Share
  • ddelightddelight 14 replies0 threads New Member
    D accepted into Wharton!
    · Reply · Share
  • Willow613Willow613 40 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Congrats!! It was a record year. Over 49,000 Apps! Hats off to you.
    · Reply · Share
  • taehuntaehun 15 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Waitlisted ! not sure if I’ll accept a spot .
    · Reply · Share
  • dwnednyudwnednyu 7 replies0 threads New Member
    Decision: Rejected
    GPA: 4.272 (Weighted)
    ACT: 32 (Superscored)
    Major: Mathematics - Actuarial Science
    APs: 7
    · Reply · Share
  • LauraZLauraZ 2 replies0 threads New Member
    Son was accepted to Arts and Sciences, with invitation to Ben Franklin Scholars program
    · Reply · Share
  • qwxmntklpqwxmntklp 78 replies38 threads Junior Member
    how do u fix the portal link
    · Reply · Share
  • LJake8LJake8 1 replies0 threads New Member
    edited March 2019
    anyone else's portal still not working?
    edited March 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • bioastronAJbioastronAJ 14 replies0 threads New Member
    It may just be the influx of applicants opening their portals that could be lagging the server.
    I was also invited to the BFS, do you know how many people get invited/acceptance into the program?
    · Reply · Share
  • chocolatehuskychocolatehusky 68 replies2 threads Junior Member
    I was deferred ED and also got the invitation to BFS w/my acceptance!!!
    · Reply · Share
  • SALVAJESALVAJE 14 replies5 threads Junior Member
    Correction. I was waitlisted
    · Reply · Share
  • BiaxialObject48BiaxialObject48 67 replies17 threads Junior Member
    Denied.

Applied RD for the AI program (Cognitive and Computer Science), with secondary major being Computer Science at SEAS.

SAT Superscore: 1530 (730ERBW, 800M)
    SAT Subject Tests: 800 M2, 730 Physics
    APs: Stats 3, CSA 5, APUSH 5, BC 4 (AB 5), Physics 1 3

ECs: Piano, martial arts, Boy Scouts, National Honor Society, Science National Honor Society, Mu Alpha Theta founder, programming club founder, math/science competition coaching, internship.

Recommendations: Calculus teacher, English teacher, counselor, internship employer. All were pretty good I think (didn't see them).

Essays: Common App essay was about Rubik's Cubes which I thought was good, Penn supplement was good too, I talked about how one of my projects was inspired by the engineering dean's research/TED talks.

I was really hoping to get into Penn, but I guess the odds weren't in my favor.
    · Reply · Share
  • NellieWhoahNellieWhoah 36 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Accepted today, Wharton, Finance.
    · Reply · Share
  • NM_Parent_000079NM_Parent_000079 106 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Son got rejected. Thank god! UPenn would’ve cost me a fortune by the time he graduated.
    · Reply · Share
  • stressed2019stressed2019 106 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Deferred ED then rejected from Wharton. Not too disappointed because during my months of waiting I realized I liked another school more, but congratulations to those admitted! The campus is pretty nice :)

1570 SAT, 780+ on 3 subject tests, 4.0 UW GPA, 4.6 W GPA, salutatorian from MA public school
    No nationally-ranked ECs or awards besides National Merit Finalist, probably my weak point
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity