right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

UPenn Class of 2023 RD

18910111214»

Replies to: UPenn Class of 2023 RD

• UMD2021&2023UMD2021&2023 22 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 22 Junior Member
    @BHBHBH27 Congratulations!! Good luck to you at UPenn! My son will also be starting there this fall.
    · Reply · Share
  • veryconfused22veryconfused22 9 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 11 New Member
    Decision: Accepted (after getting deferred)
    Also accepted to: Johns Hopkins, CMU, Wesleyan, Hamilton
    Also waitlisted by: Princeton, Yale, Cornell, Haverford,
    Also rejected by: Swarthmore, MIT, Stanford, Columbia

Objective:
    SAT I: Math=800 English=720 Essay=13/24
    ACT: Not Taken
    SAT II: Chem=800
    U.S History=740
    Math II=780
    Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 4.0
    AP/IB: Chem:5 Calc AB:5 APUSH: 4 US Gov:5 took Physics, Italian, Calc BC and Lit senior year

Major Awards: Questbridge Finalist?

Subjective:

Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): High school Lacrosse: 1 year JV 3 year Varsity (2 year captain)
    and some useless minor clubs.

Job/Work Experience: worked at a junkyard for like 5 months junior year and over the summer.
    Volunteer/Community service: tiny bit of volunteering in school and at a park.
    Summer Activities: Junkyard work and lacrosse summer league.
    Essays: Wrote my common app about hitting a wall with a rock, my Why Penn essay was decent, I wrote about a few chem courses and the labs.
    Teacher Recommendations: from my AP chem and AP calc teachers, they both loved me so I think they were good

City/Country: Bristol, PA
    School Type: Public (60 percent free or reduced lunch)
    Ethnicity: White
    Income Bracket: Max pell grant <35k income
    Received a full ride.
    Hooks (First generation, child of immigrants, pretty poor)

Why you think you were accepted/not accepted and general comments: Test scores and GPA were good. My common app was ridiculously good and I think it played a large role in my acceptance. I really didnt have alot of extracurriculars or special awards and still got in so my advice is to not go crazy stressing and just make sure your common app is really good and reflects your personality and you should be fine. I think my status as a poor person did make it easier for me to get in though.
    · Reply · Share