Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
The Forums will be unavailable Tuesday, June 25 starting at 9 am ET as we prepare for a major design update!

UPenn Class of 2023 RD

Replies to: UPenn Class of 2023 RD

• garamxmasalagaramxmasala Registered User Posts: 91 Junior Member
    @IWentToCollege the interview is mostly a get-to-know-you process, to ensure that you're human and interested in the school
    in all honesty, it has little to no effect on your decision - regardless of how well or poorly you do
    try to have fun and ask questions to determine if penn is right for you
  • LCOLCO Registered User Posts: 19 Junior Member
    My daughter had an interview with an alumni in December. They did it via Skype. It went very well, they chatted for about 30 minutes. My daughter has applied to the nursing program. Her stats are:

ACT: 31
    SAT: N/A
    GPA: 4.6 (weighted)
    Rigor (APs/honors): Freshman & Sophomore years - all honors with 2 APs, Junior & Senior years 10 APs
    Extras: Some include: President of Key Club, Captain Varsity Field Hockey, National Honor Society Officer, Mock Trial, Math Club, Computer Club, lots of community service, HOBY (Hugh O'Brien Youth) leadership Ambassador and now volunteer, formed her own non-profit and raised money to pack 58 backpacks of school supplies for two Title-1 schools in our county, started a Best Buddy type program at her school, school representative to our County Board of Education, theater (acting and tech), has worked part-time for over three years,and competes in Equestrian shows.

State Residency: MD

She has been accepted to the nursing programs at Villanova, University of Pittsburgh, and University of Scranton...but University of Pennsylvania is her number one choice!!
  • BrooklynRyeBrooklynRye Registered User Posts: 678 Member
    Applied to Engineering RD:

ACT: 34
    GPA: 4.0 (weighted)
    Rigor (AP/Honors): All available AP courses including standard tracks in Science, English, History, Econ & Gov
    ECs: Robotics team capt & head programmer; Head lighting tech for all school district productions; varsity track; Japanese Club, Film Club; volunteer drama club for special needs kids.
    Notable: Big Penn family name, just not our direct line of the family...
    State: NY
    FA: Yes

Not looking to hijack thread, but anyone chance me on these? Thanks!
  • kg2013kg2013 Registered User Posts: 181 Junior Member
    Can you call admissions requesting an interview or you just wait? What is the protocol? Thank you.
    @kg2013 they'll send you an email if you're getting an interview
    note: interviews at penn hold almost zilch weight and are assigned randomly; (not) getting an interview means nothing, so don't fret
  • collegedadto3collegedadto3 Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    Interviews are not mandatory so don't worry if you were not assigned one. My daughter had a great interview and it helped to have her questions answered.
  • lettealettea Registered User Posts: 21 Junior Member
    Does anyone know if Penn does likely letters for RD?
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 43,812 Super Moderator
    Does anyone know if Penn does likely letters for RD?
    Yes.

But I will say what I always say: the vast majority of accepted applicants will not get likely letters, so don't constantly refresh your email looking for one.
  • atlbsmdatlbsmd Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Do you need to attend alumni interview to get into uPenn?
    @atlbsmd no, though they’re kind of fun and offer insight into penn if you get the chance to do them
  • ilovekimjunkyuilovekimjunkyu Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    Have most people gotten the offer for an interview so far?
  • dairyqueendairyqueen Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    I had an interview over Skype a couple days ago.
  • americandreamplsamericandreampls Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    Any idea when the likely letters come out?
  • TheGuy1TheGuy1 Registered User Posts: 931 Member
    @americandreampls Maybe mid-end feb. Mostly end feb. They are about 100 in number, mainly directed towards recruited athletes. I dont think almost any, if not, any international gets one.
  • jp013501jp013501 Registered User Posts: 28 Junior Member
    Is Penn rolling for RD?