Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UPENN DSW Acceptance email notification2019

Replies to: UPENN DSW Acceptance email notification2019

• zonumhzonumh Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi Divineblessings77, No email notification just a phone call and the person at admissions said that they will be mailing the acceptance letter shortly, they just called to let her know in advance of the letter. You should be hearing from them today or Monday. According to my wife, it seems they were behind in their announcements! Wishing you the best!
  • zonumhzonumh Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Thanks Jerseysocialwork, wishing you the best!
  • ksmrsrksmrsr Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    I have not heard anything either. I did just get word that they may not release decisions again until later in the day on Monday or Tuesday. I am worried that they made acceptance calls yesterday and the rest are going to be rejection emails...but i'm trying to hold onto some hope!
  • divineblessings77divineblessings77 Registered User Posts: 22 Junior Member
    Ksmrsr, I am expecting the same but I know from experience that there is life after rejection. There are still a whole lot of opportunities out there. The important thing is just dust off the rejection and keep it moving 💪. I intend to do just that.
    I AM A SURVIVOR!
    All the same, I wish you all the best and remember, rejection doesn't define you, it only makes you stronger!😊
    Spoken like a true social worker! You are spot on!
  • jerseysocialworkjerseysocialwork Registered User Posts: 20 Junior Member
    I am trying to focus on not speculating as we just do not know. During my interview I was told, similar to others, end of March beginning of April. For whatever reason that timeframe has changed and phone calls could being made for various reasons related to acceptance deadlines at other schools, etc. That being said I really do want to know either way.
    Jersey social work, we do know some folks were called yesterday, that doesn't look good for those of us who haven't received any calls. Anyway I have learned a long time ago to always hope for the best and prepare for the worst so either way, I will be mentally good.
    divineblessings77, do you know of anyone else who got a call yesterday besides the 1 from this thread?
  • MTGOsliverMTGOsliver Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Just the user yesterday that posted. No phone calls or emails today but hopeful about next week!
    I can't wait for this suspense to be over, need some kind of closure so I can plan ahead. I can wait 1 more week.
    Well I have to assume we will hear next week. I will probably email them if I hear nothing by Wednesday as I agree with divineblessings77 regarding the need to plan ahead.
    And the countdown begins...
    I agree divineblessings77. I'm resisting urge to email the administrative coordinator who set up my interview. I am sure they are getting inundated with inquiry at this point.
    I feel like it looks like I didn’t show interest because I never reached out to express continued interest. If I don’t hear by the end of the day today I may send an email!
    If I do reach out tomorrow or Wednesday it will be because I truly want to get on with some next step career planning and some of those plans are predicated on getting in to this program.