right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Do I stand a chance getting into Wharton?

hw1102hw1102 37 replies12 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
For the past few months I've been juggling whether to apply to CAS or Wharton and with applications happening now I'm freaking out. I will be applying ED and both parents went to Penn (along with a brother but I'm not sure if that counts) so I know that will help, and I'm taking a class at Penn this fall through their Young Scholars program. If I were to apply to CAS I would be an Econ major and for Wharton I would go for their environmental policy and management. My essay for Wharton would be about my passion for the environment and how through business I would like to make production lines and the market in general more sustainable. Both essays would include the whole I love Penn thing and how many opportunities it brought to my family and their students. The only things holding me back are knowing how I have a much better shot at getting into CAS and that my math scores aren't the best (I got a 31 on ACT math but 33 C). I'm taking Math 2 subject tests next weekend and hope to get in the high 700s or maybe 800. I took BC calc last year and got an A in the class but 3 on the exam (won't report that). I would like to attend Penn no matter school; CAS is better than no Penn. Please let me know your thoughts.
0 replies
· Reply · Share