right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
STUDENT GUEST OF THE WEEK: Ethan is a burgeoning tech enthusiast who got accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Duke, Brown. This week he's answering your questions on how to best craft your application and narrow down your college search/decision process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

PENN nursing

TommyBCBWTommyBCBW 11 replies4 threads New Member
I applied for UPENN for nursing. It is my top choice. I received a phone call from the director and had about a 25 minute talk with her on the phone. Is this unusual? Is it a good sign? I thought it was so nice of her to take the time to call but I don't want to jump to the conclusion that that is an indicator of my getting in. Any insight?
20 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: PENN nursing

• AkoolmomAkoolmom 17 replies2 threads Junior Member
    TommyBCBW wrote: »
    I applied for UPENN for nursing. It is my top choice. I received a phone call from the director and had about a 25 minute talk with her on the phone. Is this unusual? Is it a good sign? I thought it was so nice of her to take the time to call but I don't want to jump to the conclusion that that is an indicator of my getting in. Any insight?

Did you apply ED or RD ? May I ask your stats? Thanks.
    · Reply · Share
  • TommyBCBWTommyBCBW 11 replies4 threads New Member
    Of course! RD-had a 35 science, 35 math and 35 Reading and 32 English on ACT. 800 SATII Chem/720 Math IIC. I have all A's throughout high school with 10 AP classes ( I have a 5.0 this year) overall a 4.5.
    · Reply · Share
  • west2east20west2east20 139 replies1 threads Junior Member
    To me, with your stats, I would see this as a positive sign and perhaps you will get an early admit this month sometime! Keep us posted and good luck! 😀
    · Reply · Share
  • nswizzle88nswizzle88 27 replies0 threads Junior Member
    When my D20 and I visited campus in October and checked the box for a "Nursing Meet and Greet" she ended up meeting with Marianne for 45 minutes on her own, and I met with her as well. We had lunch with a sophomore nursing student, and she mentioned that Marianne typically meets with "everyone" before March. I'm not sure what that means but I do think it is a good sign that she reached out.
    · Reply · Share
  • pizza468pizza468 19 replies3 threads Junior Member
    I had a phone call too after I applied ED but I got ended up getting deferred so I don’t think getting the phone call means anything about your chances of getting in
    · Reply · Share
    I have heard from multiple sources that Penn typically sends likely letters to nursing applicants in mid-feb. Did anyone get one? Any info on if these have gone out?
    · Reply · Share
  • powerofstem7000powerofstem7000 15 replies0 threads Junior Member
    likely letters anyone?
    · Reply · Share
    Nope. I can't find reports of any on here or on other sites.

· Reply · Share

@TommyBCBW Did you get a likely letter?
    · Reply · Share
    So does this mean likely letters for nursing haven’t been sent yet? That’s very strange since they were either sent out in February or the first week of March in past years
    · Reply · Share
    I'm trying to find someone who got one. No luck yet on here or other forums. Maybe that means they haven't gone out, but I'm guessing it probably means that they already did and we just didn't get one.
    · Reply · Share
  • ayeitsmandaxoayeitsmandaxo 16 replies0 threads Junior Member
    if you don't get a likely letter, does that mean you won't get admitted? Or there's a very slim chance you will?
    · Reply · Share
  • collagebound123collagebound123 9 replies2 threads New Member
    @ayeitsmandaxo The vast majority of admitted students do not receive a likely letter. Only around 200 people get one every year and many of them are nursing students.
    · Reply · Share
    I'm a nursing applicant and not knowing whether or not likely letters have been sent out is just making me so anxious.
    · Reply · Share
    I did not get a likely letter:(
    · Reply · Share
    @TommyBCBW I don't think there's anything to worry about. You have great stats and they probably just didn't send out likely letters this year like they do in other years because of everything going on with coronavirus. Fingers crossed!
    · Reply · Share
  • Kkkhh888Kkkhh888 5 replies0 threads New Member
    Has any Penn nursing Rd applicants received an likely letter? Thanks!
    · Reply · Share
    Waitlisted--super disappointed:(
    · Reply · Share
    Also waitlisted. Going to Michigan.
    · Reply · Share
    Does anyone have any idea of how likely it is to get off the waitlist at UPENN for nursing? Also, would love insight from the group on my other acceptances--Villanova (Honors-interviewed for 3 days for the Presidential--only 2 nursing majors can get it and I am an alternate), UVA, Clemson (Calhoun Honors College), PSU (Shreyers Honors College), PITT (Honors College and guaranteed MS/Ph.D. program), Miami, Ohio (Honors), TCNJ--also got a full-tuition scholarship @ LaSalle. If I don't get off the WL at PENN, I would love UVA or NOVA but the cost is so high (after scholarships about $55,000 per year) which has me leaning toward PSU/PITT. Love any insight you have.
    · Reply · Share