right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Visiting Philadelphia tomorrow

flower9389flower9389 3 replies3 threads New Member
Does anyone know if we can walk around the campus or is it closed to pedestrians? Thanks!
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Visiting Philadelphia tomorrow

• nontraditional20nontraditional20 5 replies0 threads New Member
    Last I was in Philly was three weeks ago. Wife and I still have an apartment in University City since she is an adjunct in Philly and I’m stationed in Baltimore. Distance sucks.

Anyways, check out the campus. Book store, closed. Penn Buildings, closed. Restaurants, take out only. Mind you, this was three weeks ago.

But walk Locust Walk...
    Look or take pictures with the two Ben Frank statues.
    Throw up a peace sign next to the Love statue and take another picture with it at Love Park in center city (become a true Philadelphian).
    Pop your head out of the button near the library. Be courageous.

Enjoy the beautiful campus. Drexel is right next door so make sure to check out their campus too. It is quite unique.
    · Reply · Share
  • sigcto2sigcto2 1 replies1 threads New Member
    All campus buildings are closed but you can still walk around the campus! Penn's campus is sort of blended in w/ the city itself so usually it's always open for pedestrians.
    · Reply · Share
  • happy1happy1 24154 replies2424 threads Super Moderator
    edited July 30
    Before you go I would try to print out a copy of a campus map (there are some on the internet -- I didn't check the Penn website) so you will have some idea of what buildings you are seeing, where you are going etc.
    edited July 30
    · Reply · Share
  • user4321user4321 207 replies2 threads Junior Member
    You can walk around and you can dine outdoors
    · Reply · Share