Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Wharton Undergrad

2»

Replies to: Wharton Undergrad

• stuyvesant06stuyvesant06 - Posts: 115 Junior Member
    i donno, kids in my school say ap stat has nothing to do with math and macro+micro have nothing to do with current economics, but what's the alternative. I'm scheduled to take Multi var and diff eqs next year. I'm completing bc calc. I don't know what other math courses are out there.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Registered User Posts: 1,233 Senior Member
    The Wharton advisor would recommend you to get AP stats under your belt and AP Econ (macro and micro), too, if it were possible. If your school doesn't offer AP Macro Econ, take IB or just self study...it's not hard.
  • stuyvesant06stuyvesant06 - Posts: 115 Junior Member
    I'm just saying. Seniors i've talked to say that Micro and Macro are useless, but I'll still take those so the colleges will see it. The same goes with Stats.
  • Canadia1Canadia1 Registered User Posts: 518 Member
    Well, I'm taking IB Econ next year and I'll just save AP Stat for senior year like the majority of seniors do anyway.
  • jpps1jpps1 . Posts: 1,993 Senior Member
    What do you consider a strong math background?

I'll probably finish Cal I+II as well as linear algebra by the time I apply to Penn...and I'm currently pulling about a 96% in Cal I...

But I've never considered myself a good math student...
  • Canadia1Canadia1 Registered User Posts: 518 Member
    Uh huh... I bet you're just so bad you can't even count how many toes you have.

I think it's pretty funny how everyone's so far ahead in math and I'm not :'(. There's one senior at my school who took AP Calc BC when he was a freshman and he's a senior now, so it's like college calc IV (psh, I don't even know if they have that) or something.
  • jpps1jpps1 . Posts: 1,993 Senior Member
    No, I'm actually serious--I had to work my ass off to get that 96%, and even then I still can't get some of the harder examples (luckily our tests consist of medium difficulty questions). Some of the friends I have who are good at math can do the examples I have trouble at like it's second nature.
2»
This discussion has been closed.