Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Undergrad business programs

njchino371njchino371 Registered User Posts: 455 Member
I understand Wharton and Stern probably have the best undergrad business programs around. However, how hard are the workloads of these two schools. Students who have attended Wharton or Stern, how is the social life and stress level? Cuz seriously, I've worked my butt off in HS and want to have some fun in college. Still, I'm willing to trade in some hardwork for playtime. If a school has the philosophy of "work hard and play hard," I'll definitely embrace it, but I definitely don't want to be spenting 80 % of my time at a college's library. Anyway, I've b*tched enough. Obviously, I don't wanna go to a party school or anything like that either. So anybody have any reccomendations for me for undergrad business programs? Including or excluding Wharton and/or Stern.
Post edited by njchino371 on

Replies to: Undergrad business programs

• chanmanchanman . Posts: 1,667 Senior Member
    upenn = party school from what i've hard (at least more partying than harvard/stanford/mit)

wharton, a little less, but still it's chilled out
  • Quaker08Quaker08 Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    I think at Penn, in general, people work really really hard and then play really really hard.
  • snipanlolsnipanlol Registered User Posts: 538 Member
    chanman - when it comes to the social scene you pretty much can't separate wharton form the rest of the university. Whartonites parties just as much as the college.
  • njchino371njchino371 Registered User Posts: 455 Member
    Sweet. Now I just gotta get in.
  • alangreenspan#1alangreenspan#1 Registered User Posts: 225 Junior Member
    you have to work hard in business school to get good job placement.

a lot of people overlook undergrad business and can't even get interviews jr year.
  • a-bomba-bomb Registered User Posts: 496 Member
    i doubt people would "overlook" you if you were coming from wharton...dont you think?
  • FauxFaux Registered User Posts: 370 Member
    "you have to work hard in business school to get good job placement.

a lot of people overlook undergrad business and can't even get interviews jr year."

LIke 98% of wharton graduates get 3 or more on campus interviews or something
This discussion has been closed.