Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

my counselor said that i should...

chanmanchanman . Posts: 1,667 Senior Member
edited February 2005 in University of Pennsylvania
That i should email schools and start asking questoins, requesting info, etc.

I do want to get connected with the schools, but what type of questions are necessary and appropriate to ask adcom?
Post edited by chanman on

Replies to: my counselor said that i should...

• rhys1118rhys1118 Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    ...how about ask them questions about things YOU have questions about? Anything you want to know? Read the viewbook, browse the web, and see if you have any questions that aren't answered. It's an individual thing. I don't know you, I have no idea what you want to know, or what things you have questions about. Neither does any other person here.
    Keep in mind that contacting the adcom is not necessary at all. And as a universal hint: think about the school, and anything you want to know that won't be answered easily by reading the viewbook, etc. Asking obvious questions is pointless.
  • celebrian25celebrian25 Registered User Posts: 15,373 Senior Member
    requesting info is fine, but don't bug them with questions that can easily be answered by their website, brochure, viewbook, etc.
This discussion has been closed.