Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Huntsman language exams

Replies to: Huntsman language exams

• athlonmjathlonmj Registered User Posts: 1,555 Senior Member
    Catch is a she... what?!?! I never knew that.
  • alitaalita Registered User Posts: 254 Junior Member
    yeah, i live relatively near penn so dont sweat it if you havent gotten it, esp. w/ all of the snow stuff around here. you never know w/ the mail...
  • GGGGunitGGGGunit Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    hey i got the test but my language was arabic.. i speak it but im pretty bad at reading and writing (i guess i better cram for this), anyways, although probably very rare did anyone else chose arabic or does anyone know what the test is like?

anyone know the deadline to mail it back in?
    yeah I actually am gonna do arabic but since my language abilities are not good enough right now (2nd semester university arabic) I told them I would enter with french and switch to arabic. I think that probably helped w/ admissions if I get in.
    when I visited penn the girl I stayed with was an Arabic target person and she said it was just a "talk about _______ subject" thing. But I think she was actually personally interviewed by one of the admissions people who is an arabic professor.
  • FauxFaux Registered User Posts: 370 Member
    I really reccomend not worrying about the speaking test, I got really really nervous during my test and my test sounded something like this:

"I we did came to Washington to stare at Uncle in time of hotness"
  • bluirinkabluirinka Registered User Posts: 2,056 Senior Member
    mmhmm Catch is right. I didn't get a test and I was deferred :-D
    yeah i think im screwed about the arabic proficiency test b/c ive known how to speak the language forever but im just now learning to read and write (which is really hard) so i dont really know what to do, its not like we can take arabic at school- ive taken spanish forever at school but i dont know what to expect from this proficiency test.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Registered User Posts: 1,233 Senior Member
    Yea. The test is pretty easy and basic. It has a fifteen minute speaking session where there will be five prompts. As long as you show "proficiency"...they don't expect the kids to be fluent.
    catch- what language was your test for
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Registered User Posts: 1,233 Senior Member
    Chinese

There's also a multiple choice section and a short essay. But really really easy stuff...the basics. :) BEST OF LUCK!
  • smiliekatsmiliekat Registered User Posts: 236 Junior Member
    anyone get a chinese test yet?
    for those of you who have gotten your letter already, what state are you from?
    Maryland...
    i got mine in atlanta ga
    btw how many of us are there
  • DisplacedNewYorkerDisplacedNewYorker Registered User Posts: 154 Junior Member
    DisplacedNewYorker - Charlotte, NC
    GGGGunit - Atlanta, GA (where I was last weekend... great city)
    alita - Maryland

anyone else?
This discussion has been closed.