Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Huntsman language exams

Replies to: Huntsman language exams

• Adi987Adi987 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey, its my first time really posting but I thought I'd mention that I got a letter about the language exam too, for French. So i guess that makes four people?
  • yumpopyumpop Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    I got mine three days ago.
  • beechling87beechling87 Registered User Posts: 124 Junior Member
    don't stress out about the test. and don't worry about how good your language skills are. it's ok to be nervous. when i took it in nov, i couldn't understand half the articles. i made up a lot of bs. for the talking part, i believe that for 2 of the 5 questions, i talked about chocolate, like how i could use french to go to france and ask people where to buy chocolate. so, don't worry about how good you can talk or write or read. i think they just want to make sure you sorta know it.
    g' luck.
  • smiliekatsmiliekat Registered User Posts: 236 Junior Member
    what language are you doing, yumpop and adi987?
  • setman87setman87 Registered User Posts: 31 New Member
    don't sweat it. I received the test for Spanish (oral only), and I freaked out during the test, even though the questions were very basic. Because they couldn't understand me, they even had to call me at night and do a test on the spot. I didn't think I did that well over the phone, but I was still accepted. So, don't freak out. It'll be fine.
  • yumpopyumpop Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    I'm doing Spanish. beechling and setman, were you accepted ED or did you guys apply last year?
  • setman87setman87 Registered User Posts: 31 New Member
    I applied for ED this year and was accepted.
  • smiliekatsmiliekat Registered User Posts: 236 Junior Member
    is no one doing chinese?
  • alitaalita Registered User Posts: 254 Junior Member
    a lot of people did chinese ed...I'm pretty sure catch-22 is chinese, but im not sure who else. If you check the ed huntsman threads the acceptees list their languages..
  • thehobbitthehobbit Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    hi is everyone here seniors? I'm a junior in texas and I REALLY want to apply to Huntsman. The things is, I don't think i can get in. I don't do sports, I don't have volunteer work or community service (gosh I'm so screwed up) but academically I'm doing okay so would anyone who got the language test tell me what your ECs are?
  • AllezlesBleusAllezlesBleus Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    my EC's are MUN and soccer. Thats it. They look for a balance of everything so your EC's dont have to be incredible as long as they are part of a strong mix. I got in with a 1340 on my SAT1's. Prettty darn low.
    well that's better than what a got--1270--but i got a 31 on ACT which is still pretty low but better than 1270. i'm the captain of school's debate team, member of Academic decathlon, mu alpha theta, secretary of a multicultural club, student council, sort of in chess club--AllezlesBleus are you a junior?
    No i'm a senior, got into huntsman ED this year.
    WOW congras!!! how did you do it? what's your test score? what did they interview you? what classes did you take in high school? Any AP classes? what language is your target language? How did you write your essay? (sorry i'm so excited but i REALLY want to know so i can do the same next year--gosh you are so great!!)
    For more info on the huntsman you should definitely talk to other people who seem to have been on the forum more then one day . Haha. Anyways. I didnt get an interview. My target language is spanish. I spent about 2 months on my penn essays, as long as i could to make them as solid as i could. Coming back to the topic, i did indeed get the tape they sent for the test, and although i thought i had failed miserably, it went fine. good luck for next year
This discussion has been closed.