Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

so what if we don't get a tape for huntsman?

smiliekatsmiliekat Registered User Posts: 236 Junior Member
edited February 2005 in University of Pennsylvania
if we don't get a tape, does that mean we are out of the consideration?
has anyone been accepted without the tape test?
Post edited by smiliekat on

Replies to: so what if we don't get a tape for huntsman?

• Catch-22Catch-22 Registered User Posts: 1,233 Senior Member
    I've talked to one international student who didn't receive the test. And I know that if you took the IB language test, and sent them the score, you may be exempt as well. But other than that, everyone that applies from the US is supposed to receive one if you are "in"...it's supposed to be a likely letter. BUt don't sweat if you don't get it today, it may come tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.
  • smiliekatsmiliekat Registered User Posts: 236 Junior Member
    so ap...800? and other indications (like high scores on the country's government issued language test)
    does that cause possible exemption?
    Well, as long as you reside in the US, you'll get a test (except if you have already taken an IB lang. test and sent it to them.). People get the test with 5s on AP Lit and Lang Spanish/French and a 800 SATII score. If you have more questions, you can AIM me.
  • dostoyevskydostoyevsky Registered User Posts: 423 Member
    i think intl studnets get tests too...i talked to a girl that got the test (actually she got it really late cuz it took a while in the mail) and she was from bulgaria.....
    really? Because I talked to this Korean admit and she said she never had to take the test. O.o.
  • alitaalita Registered User Posts: 254 Junior Member
    Maybe internationals who are not testing in their native language get the test...I'm not sure what they speak in Bulgaria but I dont think its one of the target languages. If the Korean was being admitted for Korean, though, it would make sense that they wouldnt test her.
  • alitaalita Registered User Posts: 254 Junior Member
    I second Catch22s comment that it could still come- I live relatively close to penn so my mail should arrive before people in south/midwest/west
This discussion has been closed.