Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Low SAT's?

erzepnickierzepnicki Registered User Posts: 167 Junior Member
If I have a 1900 total SAT and I didn't take the SATIIs would I be screwed if I wanted to go to Penn?
I have a 4.2 GPA, ranked 5/250 and like really good school stats and business is my passion (very evident in classes and extracurriculars)
I would work my ass off this summer writing amazing essays and getting amazing references
would i be screwed because of my low SATs? Penn has always been my dream school
Post edited by erzepnicki on

Replies to: Low SAT's?

• outinspaceoutinspace Registered User Posts: 79 Junior Member
    Well IMO it's going to be a bit of a downer on your application, but it will not rule you out completely, especially with a high ranking, high GPA, and decent extracurriculars. You should definitely try taking the ACT to see if you do better on that test.
  • dleskdlesk Registered User Posts: 371 Member
    you should do what you can do fix that score, but i had fairly atypical SAT's for wharton (albeit higher than yours) and still got in. demonstrate passion in your essays
  • erzepnickierzepnicki Registered User Posts: 167 Junior Member
    Yeah, I figured it wouldn't look great. Thanks for both of your inputs. I am taking the ACT on June 14th, so maybe it will be decent. I have a lot of leadership positions (the biggest being the State VP of DECA in Pennsylvania, which is a business and marketing club) as well as others, of course.
This discussion has been closed.