Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

To Those Accepted into UPenn:

zenythzzenythz Registered User Posts: 308 Member
edited June 2008 in University of Pennsylvania
To those of you who are into the science/math fields and have been accepted into UPenn: what clubs/activities were you involved in throughout high school?
Post edited by zenythz on

Replies to: To Those Accepted into UPenn:

• Biochem8Biochem8 Registered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
    Independent Research, Chemistry League, and I taught an Introduction to Experimental Design course and a Chemistry course to 7-8th graders throughout my sophomore, junior, and senior year.
  • cooledgecooledge Registered User Posts: 182 Junior Member
    Lit Mag, English tutoring, English summer camp director, Theater, Tennis + some others.
    Not what you were expecting, is it? But I put on my application as Chemistry/English, but I also got invited to the Vagelos Scholar program (chem/biochem schtick), which I'm going to do.
    But the point I'm trying to make is that if you don't have the opportunities that the poster above me has had, you can still focus on the other stuff you like
  • Biochem8Biochem8 Registered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
    I also got invited to the Vagelos Scholar Program

Nice, I was also invited. Hoping I can be in that small 20% who decide to stick with it all 4 years.
This discussion has been closed.