Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Please chance my hopes to ED Legacy SAS

dman13287dman13287 Registered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
edited September 2009 in University of Pennsylvania
I am interested in studying history, poli sci or possibly PPE (philosophy, political science, and economics) and was wondering my chances for admission. I am entering my junior year at a fairly prestigious florida boarding school and live in florida (if that weighs in at all
Stats:
GPA 3.4 (unweighted)
SAT 1460-1600 (projected by PSAT)
ACT I believe a projected 33-36 (by a pre ACT)
Classes:
SOPHOMORE YEAR:So far I took AP Euro (the only ap offered to sophs except for calc which is impossible at my school) and got a 5 as well as taking all honors classes for the rest of my schedule except for regular pre-calc

JUNIOR YEAR:This year I will take AP US and Spanish Lang along with all honors classes for the rest of my schedule

Senior Year I plan on taking AP Spanish Lit, AP Government, AP Calc AB, AP Macro and Micro, AP English, AP Physics, Philosophy, and Political Theory (both not offered as APs and I'm not even sure that they exist as AP courses)

ECs:
Over 100 hours of community service likely to increase
Dorm prefect (essentially an RA for boarding School)
Model UN 2 years
Varsity Track and Field 3 years
Member of Key Club 2 years
Wrote for school paper for 2 years
Likely to be inducted into Hispanic Honor Society (for students who excel in spanish classes)
Summer pre-med program at Depaul (LeadAmerica)
Likely to attend a summer program at Penn next summer

If you could chance me for ED legacy to the SAS that would be great Thank You
Post edited by dman13287 on

Replies to: Please chance my hopes to ED Legacy SAS

This discussion has been closed.