I'm applying regular for the college of arts and sciences.
Race/Ethnicity: Asian (Korean)
School Type: Public School in NJ, in the top 10 public schools of new jersey
GPA: 4.12 (unweighted, out of 4.8)
Rank: n/a. top 10%, i think.
* PSAT: 218
* SAT: 700 reading, 800 math, and 740 writing
* SAT IIs: Math 2C 800, Physics 800, Chem 790, Bio M 780, Bio E 740
* AP: APChem 5, AP Psych 5, AP US history 4, AP english lang and comp 4
* hardest possible for all classes except second language, which I take regular. But English is my second language and I moved to US in seventh grade.
* High score in AMC-12
* AIME qualifier
* Top scorer in county math league
* MERCK science day test, first in school and second in county in Advanced Integrated test
* Math Club Vice President in 11th and President in 12th. Member for all four years
* Founded the Sierra Student Coalition (Environmental club) and VP since 10th
* Science Honors Program at Columbia since 11th
* Summer program for high school students at Columbia in my junior year summer
* winter track- all 4 years, varsity since 10th, and captain in senior year
* spring track- all 4 years, varsity since 10th, and captain in senior year
* Volunteered at the Tenafly Nature Center, 10 11 and 12
* Two teachers (math and physics)
* Summer program teacher (he said I got the highest average in the two classes he taught, so I'm expecting a decent recommendation)
Post edited by Josh315 on