Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

At&t vs Tmobile

pop13pop13 Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
edited September 2009 in University of Pennsylvania
Hi

I'm an international student at upenn and i would just like to know which cellphone company is better as i have yet to get myself a cellphone and a plan.
Post edited by pop13 on

Replies to: At&t vs Tmobile

• Venkat89Venkat89 Registered User Posts: 7,327 Senior Member
    ATT has good service on campus and a shop on campus if anything goes wrong. One of my friends with TMobile is not happy with his service at Penn. ATT lets you have an iPhone and TMobile lets you have a Google phone. More students have ATT, so when you talk to them it doesn't count against your plan minutes.
  • illuminarilluminar Registered User Posts: 648 Member
    I got a Metro PCS phone because I'm going home to Canada for the summers and I don't want to be locked into a contract, plus it's cheap. Only $40 a month for unlimited nationwide talk and text. The reviews are kinda bad, complaints about service and roaming, but I'm gonna be in Philly most of the time anyway...
  • pop13pop13 Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
    thanks for your replies!! how about this company called boost or smtg like that? i heard that at&t is expensive is that true? does anyone know where i can get a set of headphones/microphones around upenn?( mine sorta broke)

Another question... how does financial aid work? As in it is stated that there's a certain amount of money put aside for my books so how do i get it? Do i wait for them to bank in the money or do i buy the books first then charge it to them? Does my question make any sense because i'm suffering from jet lag so my brain is functioning quite slow...

Is there anywhere in Penn where i can buy a reading lamp?
    is verizon any good?
  • Venkat89Venkat89 Registered User Posts: 7,327 Senior Member
    Verizon has good service on campus. It and ATT are the two most common services used by Penn students. The store is in center city (around 15th and Market if I remember correctly).
  • CDN_dancerCDN_dancer Registered User Posts: 2,579 Senior Member
    I use Virgin Mobile; I find it's the best value for what I need. About $35 per month for 1000 texts, 300 anytime minutes and 1000 weekends/evenings. I started off with ATT but found I was paying a ridiculous amount for not a whole lot..
    hey guys i stopped by at at&t yesterday and i'm considering getting either a nokia e71x or lg xenon... has any of you used these phones before? Any comments?
This discussion has been closed.