right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, Student Voices - vol. 3, and Student Voices - vol. 4 eBooks NOW!
PARENTS4PARENTS: With the deadlines for ED/EA coming up shortly, thumper1 and happymomof1 will be answering questions and sharing their tips on how to build your college list. ASK THEM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our October Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

hello pitt applicants!

jf215jf215 470 replies42 threads Member
any of you guys out there (besides me)?!
edited April 2005
78 replies
Post edited by jf215 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: hello pitt applicants!

• r0br0br0br0b 84 replies30 threads Junior Member
    I applied to Pittsburgh and got in last week :)
    · Reply · Share
  • steve87steve87 68 replies9 threads Junior Member
    I'm sending in my app this week
    · Reply · Share
  • jamminjb5jamminjb5 334 replies11 threads Member
    How long does it take for Pitt to make a decision? They finally got my transcript on the 28th.
    · Reply · Share
    I don't know exactly, I was wondering that also; although, I did hear it's very fast.
    · Reply · Share
  • r0br0br0br0b 84 replies30 threads Junior Member
    I sent my fees and application on the 22nd of October, and I received a letter on the 15th of November. They're really good about getting the letters out quickly.
    · Reply · Share
    I got in today. Hooray.
    · Reply · Share
  • pkitpkit 17 replies10 threads New Member
    if you are accepted to the honors college are you notified with the normal acceptance letter?
    · Reply · Share
  • takehearttakeheart 100 replies17 threads Junior Member
    PKit, if I remember correctly, they sent another package with honors info. It came maybe a week or two later.
    · Reply · Share
    I sent my app out today, with 1310 SAT, and 3.4 GPA. I wrote a very good essay, and had good recs. My GPA shows a strong upward trend, 2.6 fresh, soph 3.53, Junior 3.9, and 3.9 this year(so far). Anyone think I have a chance at the honors college or any scholarship?
    · Reply · Share
  • takingiteasytakingiteasy 109 replies11 threads Junior Member
    hey, when do you know if you are going to get a scholarship or if you are in the running for one?
    · Reply · Share
  • threevanthreevan 45 replies4 threads Junior Member
    I got in and got a full scholarship. I found out about the scholarship about a week or two after the initial acceptance letter.
    · Reply · Share
    Hey threevan, what were your stats, and do you remember if you got the info closer to a week or two weeks later?
    · Reply · Share
    Never mind. I just looked up your other posts. They are sweet.
    · Reply · Share
  • threevanthreevan 45 replies4 threads Junior Member
    Yeah I don't really plan on attending Pitt, but it's nice to know that I got in somewhere.

My grandparents do live in Pittsburgh though, and I like the city, but I've heard that it's not the greatest college town.
    · Reply · Share
  • jlh5092jlh5092 5 replies1 threads New Member
    i got into pitt. YEa what do u mean its not a great college town. Right next to pitt is CMU and right down the street is dusquene. Tons of colleges and everything to choose from parties to shopping to well anything you want! sounds like fun to me.
    · Reply · Share
    I agree with jlh5092, pitt is located in a very much college dominated area with cmu practically on top of it, and dusquene there very close. The whole area is very dominated by students. In my opinion I didn't think the campus had the big city feel to it which I expected when I went to visit, but then you travel five minutes and your downtown in Pittsburgh. I really liked the school. Good Luck to all applicants.
    · Reply · Share
  • kitman15kitman15 82 replies19 threads Junior Member
    I have a question... if you get accepted/rejected from U. Pitt... how and when do they notify you. i've waited about 2 weeks with application status complete, and i still haven't gotten any word. Also, for all those who already got in. When you check your application status online does it tell you their decision? Or do you have to wait to get a letter in the mail?
    · Reply · Share
  • jlh5092jlh5092 5 replies1 threads New Member
    i dunno i got a letter in the mail. They never told me how to check application status online but i got a letter about 3 weeks after i sent it in. SOrry that probly doesnt help much
    · Reply · Share
    You have to wait for the letter in the mail. You should be getting it very soon.
    · Reply · Share
  • takingiteasytakingiteasy 109 replies11 threads Junior Member
    Is this school worth it for undergrad? I am considering going here because they offered me soo much money but I have been accepted to stanford and will probably be accepted to one of the ivys. How is the honors program? Is it just a group of competitive kids or is it a place where you can take smaller classes with most people getting good grades? Also are the people just partiers or do they take things seriously?
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity